Been getting kind messages, especially from rockpocketz, you a straight up baller. But i really was testing the waters. Maybe somewhere down the line I'll let this go, maybe orchid tapes will reissue this on a seven inch or  bird tapes might finally release all the rest of these batches. I think everyone should have this honestly cause it's a raw and sick album. anyways here's some pictures of it! Original order came with stickers!WKaDHZl.jpg

Edited by Portamento

2 minutes ago, Portamento said:

Been getting kind messages, especially from rockpocketz, you a straight up baller. But i really was testing the waters. Maybe somewhere down the line I'll let this go, maybe orchid tapes will reissue this on a seven inch or  bird tapes might finally release all the rest of these batches. I think everyone should have this honestly cause it's a raw and sick album. anyways here's some pictures of it! Original order came with stickers!WKaDHZl.jpg

So is the box similar to the Birdtapes Julia Brown ones where it just folds around the cassette? Anyways, Salt took the longest time to grow on me but once it did, it was all worth it. Raw but pretty 

3 minutes ago, Thuglifethor said:

So is the box similar to the Birdtapes Julia Brown ones where it just folds around the cassette? Anyways, Salt took the longest time to grow on me but once it did, it was all worth it. Raw but pretty 

Yup same material, i think they were printed by the same company. Also whats your favorite Alex G album? Rules is mine because it's just so catchy and melodic, like every song and lyrics sticks with me like...... glue.

2 minutes ago, Portamento said:

Yup same material, i think they were printed by the same company. Also whats your favorite Alex G album? Rules is mine because it's just so catchy and melodic, like every song and lyrics sticks with me like...... glue.

It's a close one between Trick and DSU for me, DSU has it all but Trick just ends up getting stuck in my head all the time. Race probably comes in at #3 then, but all of his albums are great at the very least tbh 

1 hour ago, nostalgicbummer said:

Looks like rfc has copies of the Alex g r l kelly split up again

http://runforcoverrecords.limitedrun.com/products/560107-r-l-kelly-alex-g-split-7

Get oooon thaaat. I already have a copy, so none for me, but I doubt they'll be up for very long unless they're doing a full-scale repress of it.

11 minutes ago, deer said:

http://runforcoverrecords.limitedrun.com/products/560107-r-l-kelly-alex-g-split-7

Get oooon thaaat. I already have a copy, so none for me, but I doubt they'll be up for very long unless they're doing a full-scale repress of it.

Good call on putting the link up. Not sure why I didn't think to do so haha my bad

12 hours ago, alllexm said:

Why is run for cover asking people if they like Alex G and then saying "the demo is always better" 

I hope they are pressing race ... I think I would cry 

Talking to David Allen Scoli on Alex G's subreddit, he seems to think Race ain't getting pressed anytime soon:

"Sadly, the Race or Winner albums will not be on vinyl or not in the future. They were projects done and produced by Alex himself and not a record company to produce the mass copies etc. Alex will however be focussing on his newer music and his upcoming album he is currently working on hopefully due out by 2017!"

I assume this was also the case for Trick & Rules ('done and produced by Alex himself') though, so who knows? A man can dream.