PO NOW: House of Heroes - Colors

On a related note, there's a package which includes a download of unreleased b-sides.  But it has the picture of the B-sides EP that was included with the Suburba pre-order.  Anyone order that package and see if it's different than the B-sides EP songs?  

EDIT: House of Heroes answered this question on FB and said it's the same thing--the B-sides EP.  

• 1 month later...

Email from the guys:

"Hey guys.  We come to you tonight extremely bummed and disappointed.  We owe you guys an apology.  You were always meant to be the absolute first to hear our new album, and unfortunately that can no longer be the case.  We are very sorry about this.  The official release date for COLORS is July 1 (moved from the initial release date of May 27).  Amazon failed to change the release date for any physical pre-orders made through their site, so the 55 CDs that they had for those pre-orders have been sent out.  This means that several people have received the album before all of you wonderful early adopters of this project.  We wanted to make this special for you, for your immediate and initial support, and due to this glitch, we can no longer do that.  It's heartbreaking for us, and we are extremely sorry.

The plan has now changed dramatically, and we will be sending you all your digital version of the album this Monday (5/30).  So, if there is any silver lining, it is that.  You will all be hearing the album several weeks sooner than expected, and in less than 48 hours from right now!

Again, we are very sorry.  This is a massive blow, and we understand your anger and frustration.  We feel it too.

We love you guys, and are eternally grateful for your support, and your long suffering as we've gone through the process of making and releasing this album.  We really hope you enjoy it!

Please don't hesitate to let us know any questions or concerns you have at [email protected]."

Edited by SpazzyMcGee

2 hours ago, SpazzyMcGee said:

Email from the guys:

"Hey guys.  We come to you tonight extremely bummed and disappointed.  We owe you guys an apology.  You were always meant to be the absolute first to hear our new album, and unfortunately that can no longer be the case.  We are very sorry about this.  The official release date for COLORS is July 1 (moved from the initial release date of May 27).  Amazon failed to change the release date for any physical pre-orders made through their site, so the 55 CDs that they had for those pre-orders have been sent out.  This means that several people have received the album before all of you wonderful early adopters of this project.  We wanted to make this special for you, for your immediate and initial support, and due to this glitch, we can no longer do that.  It's heartbreaking for us, and we are extremely sorry.

The plan has now changed dramatically, and we will be sending you all your digital version of the album this Monday (5/30).  So, if there is any silver lining, it is that.  You will all be hearing the album several weeks sooner than expected, and in less than 48 hours from right now!

Again, we are very sorry.  This is a massive blow, and we understand your anger and frustration.  We feel it too.

We love you guys, and are eternally grateful for your support, and your long suffering as we've gone through the process of making and releasing this album.  We really hope you enjoy it!

Please don't hesitate to let us know any questions or concerns you have at [email protected]."

IMO they don't owe us an apology... it sucks that it happened... but they are doing everything they can to make it right. If anyone is mad about it (besides the band), they can shove it.

52 minutes ago, nardes said:

IMO they don't owe us an apology... it sucks that it happened... but they are doing everything they can to make it right. If anyone is mad about it (besides the band), they can shove it.

My thoughts exactly. Sucks that it got moved and there was confusion but I didn't buy the album so I could hear it before anyone. I wanted to help them make it

Been able to listen to this album a few times through now and dang is this record so good.  It's ambitious and creative, filled with great/catchy hooks, and most pleasantly surprising to me is the degree to which a majority of the songs really rock.  They've had moments on each of their albums that are really riffy, harder-ish stuff but this album takes those moments and puts a bunch of them all together.  And of course the few slower songs they have are incredible/beautiful.  

I can't figure out these guys keep putting out such great albums and relatively few people know it.  They should be huge--or at least have a significant underground following.  

Edited by combatchuckaa

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, SpazzyMcGee said:

Record comes out this Friday, been listening to it on a daily basis, so so great

I'm with you... after not being sure about it at first, it REALLY grew on me. Kind of similar to The Rocket Summer's new album... different from past stuff, that just took a little getting used to!

• 1 month later...

"Should" be getting these soon from another IndieGoGo email. Reached out if there was a specific date but haven't heard anything else.

" Anyone who ordered vinyl, man this colored vinyl that y'all are receiving is freakin COOL!!!  Unfortunately, it was delayed another week, so it won't arrive in the warehouse until next Monday, July 18. I've been assured though, that it will be shipped immediately after arriving at the warehouse, so keep your eyes peeled! "

The pressing numbers on Bad Christians store say there are 250 colored variants but if you do the math on the IndieGoGo numbers of people who pledged, there has to be more than 250, especially since the colored variant is currently being sold and shipped on Amazon. Unless the IndieGOGo pledgers are getting something different..unlikely though.