Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

Solace has less sludginess and even enters the celestial realms on Saint, a 9 min. quiet catharsis - one of Aaron Harris's favorite tracks.

We don't talk about the S/T or Dominion very much. Maybe another time, since this post is getting too long - ? like Dominion ;)

steven wilson loves saint a lot as well. he brought it up when i saw him in 2013.

the self titled ep is incredible though. i love the droniness of verstaerker and means. and dominion is great and if you think it's too long your opinion is wrong B|

steven wilson loves saint a lot as well. he brought it up when i saw him in 2013.

the self titled ep is incredible though. i love the droniness of verstaerker and means. and dominion is great and if you think it's too long your opinion is wrong B|

Oh yeah, S/T and Dominion need more love!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone's looking for "Solace" at non-eBay prices, try emailing Graveface. They just got a bunch of stock back from distributors and I know they had at least a couple copies.

Yep my copy is heading over to me already this is legit. Although, it's only for record clubbers at the moment. He said he'll make it public after we're done.

As for this album, I blind bought it and it ended up being one of my favorites last year. I can't wait to hear what else this band has done.

Have Sheath said they're going to press it? I shot Graveface an email but didn't know about it being just for their record club.

Sheath confirmed that they'll be handling the repress of Solace, along with first-time presses of Cale:Drew and Subsets of Sets.  All of which should happen before the year is over.  2015 is the year of Jakob.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to ask.  I'd like to grab a copy of the original U.S. press, myself.  That red-black combo is the only variant of Solace I'm missing.

As for this album, I blind bought it and it ended up being one of my favorites last year. I can't wait to hear what else this band has done.

So good to hear.  I'm really excited for you to hear everything else.  I wish I could go back to the first time I sat down and listened to Solace from start to finish.  If you dug Sines, you're going to be really happy with everything Mylene [re]presses this year.  All will be worthy of blind buys, if that's something you're into.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to ask.  I'd like to grab a copy of the original U.S. press, myself.  That red-black combo is the only variant of Solace I'm missing.

i take it you are one of those wacky variant collectors, but the european pressing is better if you're not. also sry but you don't have all the variants til you have one of these bad boys

gPYIjDZ.jpg

i tried collecting every variant of every jakob release and got pretty close (was missing solace conspiracy red and solace midium jewel case) before sines came out. too expensive with all these new variants

i take it you are one of those wacky variant collectors, but the european pressing is better if you're not. also sry but you don't have all the variants til you have one of these bad boys

humblebrag.jpg

i tried collecting every variant of every jakob release and got pretty close (was missing solace conspiracy red and solace midium jewel case) before sines came out. too expensive with all these new variants

I don't consider myself too extensive on the variants game.  There are a few albums and artists that I'm committed to, but I'm not adamant about owning every colorway for every album I listen to.  But I agree; the Conspiracy press of Solace is a beauty.  Looks and sounds phenomenal.  (I've only spun my black copy; the red is mint.)

I also don't have much of a desire to pursue 7"s or CDs, nor do I consider a test press to be part of a record's variant set.  But that's just me.

I also don't have much of a desire to pursue 7"s or CDs, nor do I consider a test press to be part of a record's variant set.  But that's just me.

please tell me you have at least heard erfo and dominion. fair enough on the TPs, the only TPs i own are jakob ones and i wouldn't have bought them if they didn't have the unique sleeves

please tell me you have at least heard erfo and dominion. fair enough on the TPs, the only TPs i own are jakob ones and i wouldn't have bought them if they didn't have the unique sleeves

Absolutely on the Erfo and Dominion.  I guess I should have clarified that I don't really go after 7"s if the material is already on a full-length that I own.  (I have no desire to track down that Semaphore 7", for example.)  Would definitely grab Erfo if it was presented at a realistic price, or Dominion if it got pressed.

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition