Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

Sure, why not?

Until now, JAKOB's Solace on vinyl is the only bargain I've managed to find...1.50€ on eBay :D

Sweet dude, I think there's a few things on your Discogs I want too.

I wish we could get tracklistings to find out what the bonus songs are on each release.

what are you paying

ive got casette, vinyl and cd

PM'd

Cassette sounds as good as GF vinyl so that's what I usually play - got the /150 Red Conspiracy safely tucked away now and pull it from the crypt for special occasions. Sounds great, not in the top 10% pressings but very good. I sold Forbsie a duplicate copy of that since no one wanted to trade for it several years ago. Not much Jakob love back then.

Hope the represses are a wee bit less of a wait than the space between Solace and Sines lol

Glad to know the Graveface pressing is inferior, sound-wise. I was always pulling for that one because it has the better cover.

These dudes could make a killing pressing this shit, I seriously don't fucking understand why they don't do it. It would sell out instantly. INSTANTLY.

Sweet dude, I think there's a few things on your Discogs I want too.

Wtf I posted I wanted it, not you! Lol

I wish we could get tracklistings to find out what the bonus songs are on each release.

PM'd

$37 shipping to USA means you can have it! That'd be a $100 record for me... can't swing that right now unfortunately haha. Maybe in the fall after I save up some more.

Cassette sounds as good as GF vinyl so that's what I usually play - got the /150 Red Conspiracy safely tucked away now and pull it from the crypt for special occasions. Sounds great, not in the top 10% pressings but very good. I sold Forbsie a duplicate copy of that since no one wanted to trade for it several years ago. Not much Jakob love back then.

Hope the represses are a wee bit less of a wait than the space between Solace and Sines lol

where were you when i was actively hunting the red pressing ~_~

also does the casette really? i don't have a tape player lol

Any die hard Jakob fans out there? I have a unused test press jacket for Sines that was given to me by Charlie. So it's not numbered or folded. It's free to anyone who wants it. Want to give it to a good home where it will be appreciated. Maybe hang that beauty on the wall. Let me know. In case I didn't make it clear, this is a gift, so I'm not asking anything for it.

pphKLLz.jpg

Any die hard Jakob fans out there? I have a unused test press jacket for Sines that was given to me by Charlie. So it's not numbered or folded. It's free to anyone who wants it. Want to give it to a good home where it will be appreciated. Maybe hang that beauty on the wall. Let me know. In case I didn't make it clear, this is a gift, so I'm not asking anything for it.

i'll take it! it'll go nicely on my wall

MlRUkp9l.jpg

Yesterday I finally got a brand new copy of Solace on red /150 by Conspiracy on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141940970735?_trksid=p2057872.m2750.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Being it a sealed copy the final price is not cheap, 85€ ppd, but I thought that I wouldn't have the chance to find a new copy of this easily so I pulled the trigger.

Also, I'm going to see Jakob live at Roadburn festival in two weeks and I thought that it would be the perfect celebration for that happening.

Yesterday I finally got a brand new copy of Solace on red /150 by Conspiracy on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141940970735?_trksid=p2057872.m2750.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Being it a sealed copy the final price is not cheap, 85€ ppd, but I thought that I wouldn't have the chance to find a new copy of this easily so I pulled the trigger.

Also, I'm going to see Jakob live at Roadburn festival in two weeks and I thought that it would be the perfect celebration for that happening.

It's not that bad a price, really. I've owned 3 copies, the least expensive $75 and that was 4 years ago.

I seriously don't fucking get why they don't just repress this shit. The labels would make a killing.

I'll never understand the label mentality with stuff like this. There's demand. Fucking fulfill it. You're stupid to leave that kind of money on the table.

Steve Hoffman made a very interesting thread on this a few years ago explaining how lawyers are behind most of it. The returns for a record company in the release of 500 - 1000LP's are not that great so the incentive is not huge, if lawyers representing various partys get involved you can soon see how it gets too hard.

Yesterday I finally got a brand new copy of Solace on red /150 by Conspiracy on ebay.

I bid on that as well lol

I really just wanted to vent my frustration about not being able to have this stuff haha. But still, the central idea behind my post remains. This material would fly.

I guess I never really thought about the labels wanting to, but not being able to. TMS said when that Sines repress came out that they were waiting on the masters from the band for Cale:Drew and Subsets for the vinyl press. That was many, many months ago now.

Get it together guys! haha

I really just wanted to vent my frustration about not being able to have this stuff haha. But still, the central idea behind my post remains. This material would fly.

I guess I never really thought about the labels wanting to, but not being able to. TMS said when that Sines repress came out that they were waiting on the masters from the band for Cale:Drew and Subsets for the vinyl press. That was many, many months ago now.

Get it together guys! haha

Don't even start with me. Months and months? Get back to me at years and years. A lot of the Sheath family have waited years for certain releases. Your heartache just means you're part of the club.

And you're not taking a lot of the variables into play that it takes to release a record. There are so many records that are just coming out on vinyl cause the artist had to buy the rights back from the label or whoever it got sold to. It took then years for Get Behind Me Satan to get pressed. I know that isn't post rock, but it's an example of how long it can take sometimes.

Just take solace in the fact of how many post rock / metal records are pressed.

Get it together, Gumbo.

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition