Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

yeah i feel you man.  its obviously not a true test pressing since no one would make 50 tests for a run of 1000, but theres no way to justify such a big price point on it by just calling it a run of /50 (although i have seen some releases do this, diarrhea planet comes to mind) so here we are.  id actually rather have a shot at owning a real "test" press than these, but i do like the screen printing and limited nature of these copies.

one thing i like is that selling these allows TMS to significantly increase their profit margin on this release, and that helps them continue to put out great limited runs by great bands.  im happy to contribute to that, and get something collectable in return.

Batman and I were just chatting about this earlier, actually.  Like Charlie said, you're basically getting a black copy without center labels... but in a unique two-toned, hand numbered jacket.  Those jackets are /50, so if that's worth the $60 to you, I won't be raining on your parade.  Definitely not for me, though.  I'm in the camp you are – a run of 50 doesn't feel like a legitimate "test press" to me, at all.

Regarding the other prices... I think they're pretty fair.  Mylene hits it out of the park with their gatefolds, and $24.99 is about the average price for a double LP these days.  But when you consider all copies are 180 gram and 45 RPM, I think it's justified.  At least in my books, but I can understand if you feel otherwise.  $19.99 would be sweet, albeit unrealistic.  The money is going to a true mom-and-pop kind of label, and I always think of that when forking over my hard-earned cash.  You're probably aware that Lyndsey and Joel bust their ass to put out great music, and I respect that immensely.

That haze will look amazing but I'm having doubts about how it will sound. I have a swirled pressing of ITTCT's Red Forest that clicks right at the beginning of the swirl so I know these don't always work out well.

I'm probably going to order it anyway. I find myself unable to swing for a solid colour when there's more interesting looking variants around.

*Edit - Posters are sold out now. The most limited colour will probably be gone soon as well. Lit a fire under me. Definitely putting that order in. Mylene really needs to get a EU distro. Shipping is almost as much as the album but hey, not really complaining. Comes with the territory

*Edit - Posters are sold out now. The most limited colour will probably be gone soon as well. Lit a fire under me. Definitely putting that order in. Mylene really needs to get a EU distro. Shipping is almost as much as the album but hey, not really complaining. Comes with the territory

If they ever decide to open one in the EU, I'd do that for them...

HAHAHA, good one :D :D :D

yeah, I figured that would be stretching it.  I don't care about color, and I know those will sell out anytime, but was wishing that black would at least make it.  Dropped way too much on records this month.  Hopefully they would do a second press in the not too distant future.

/200 gone already. less than 100 left of the red w/ orange and black centre variant. The Archipelago Rises first allotment sold out of the colour variants immediately. I have one black vinyl copy left. Hoping to get another allotment soon, however I am not confident I'll be getting any more colour variants.

yeah, I figured that would be stretching it.  I don't care about color, and I know those will sell out anytime, but was wishing that black would at least make it.  Dropped way too much on records this month.  Hopefully they would do a second press in the not too distant future.

Sheath definitely do not hesitate to do 2nd presses, have no fear.

Sheath definitely do not hesitate to do 2nd presses, have no fear.

Truth. I just feel like it's way down the road. Consider how long the Caspian catalog was OOP before recently. And those two ITTCT represses, before the bundle? I have no doubt that Sines would receive a repress... but if you wanted to listen to a copy sometime in the next 2 years, I'd consider securing a first press.

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition