Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

Remastered versions of SOS, C:D, and Solace are available for purchase and download over on Jakob's Bandcamp.  I'm not certain that C:D or Solace really "needed" spitshine, but I'm eager to hear the polished versions of them.  Subsets could really shine with noticeable differences, if done right.  I typically don't spend money on digital releases, but seeing remasters of these albums does spark my hype for their vinyl counterparts and makes me believe we may actually see them this year.  Wondering why S/T hasn't received the remaster treatment, yet, since it's getting an eventual vinyl release... and could totally benefit from being cleaned up.

Edited by Derek™

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mylene Sheath news letter...

"

And while you're staying tuned, keep one's eye wide for this as well. Just wanted to let everyone know that these are still happening. Just sorting artwork and waiting for the chaos of the Universe to sort itself out and open up the next trajectory. We receive emails about this all the time, so we just wanted to reiterate that these will be happening as soon as it all becomes ready :) Keep the faith!

Once them stars align, you better be ready, cause the scope of the Universe will always prove to be far beyond anything you could try to perceive and thus too Jakob shall bestow upon you the splendors of the refrain :)"

• 6 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

They might implode getting this Caspian repress out I have no hope for this anymore.

My buyers remorse paying too much for a copy of Solace diminishes greatly with every year that passes at least. Haha.

Good god, can you imagine?  If they can't even get Caspian right....  i don't even want to think about giving them ~$100 for S/T, Subsets, Solace, and C:D.

I don't know why they can't just keep people in the loop, or ask for help.  It's very weird.

9 minutes ago, batman said:

You guys know this is an open forum right? They’re good people and I’m sure you’ll get your Caspian records. 

I don't doubt that either...  but it seems to always be an ordeal, not knowing what's going on.  Some people are losing their minds on Facebook about it. 

Not sure what you mean by your open forum comment though? 

9 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I don't doubt that either...  but it seems to always be an ordeal, not knowing what's going on.  Some people are losing their minds on Facebook about it. 

Not sure what you mean by your open forum comment though? 

I was just meaning that they likely read this, so keep it respectful. I love those peeps and I’m sure you all do too. I’m sure they aren’t happy with how things have been going either. 

1 minute ago, batman said:

I was just meaning that they likely read this, so keep it respectful. I love those peeps and I’m sure you all do too. I’m sure they aren’t happy with how things have been going either. 

Oh sure.  But at the same time, how hard is it to shoot a message and say "Hey guys, we know you're waiting!  We've got X, Y, and Z going on and all your stuff is here but our plan is A, B and C and we'll keep you updated as much as we can!" 

Stuff like that goes a long way, is all.  I go out of my way with that for my group-buys because I know what it's like to be kept in the dark, is all. 

But you're right...  it's very easy to lose tact when talking about people who are strangers to you that you've never met when you're unhappy with something.  Look at the comment thread of any political post on facebook.  It's people just being unimaginably awful to each other.  It's so dumb. 

1 minute ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Lol no one was disrespectful I'm sure they're aware they do this and we're just pointing it out. I know I'll get the Caspian record, but at this point there's no way these Jakob reissues are ever gonna see the light of day.

Not yet, I just didn't want it to become a TMS bash party, that's all. Carry on :wub:

37 minutes ago, batman said:

Not yet, I just didn't want it to become a TMS bash party, that's all. Carry on :wub:

Some people on Facebook though, man...  unhinged. 

Seriously though it's kind of a shame they can't get it together.  If this is a side-hobby and they work full-time, just tell us!  That's fine!  It's really the not knowing that drives people nuts because it feels like you're being scammed. 

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Some people on Facebook though, man...  unhinged. 

Seriously though it's kind of a shame they can't get it together.  If this is a side-hobby and they work full-time, just tell us!  That's fine!  It's really the not knowing that drives people nuts because it feels like you're being scammed. 

They've told us that before. As far as I know they've both got full time jobs.

1 minute ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

They've told us that before. As far as I know they've both got full time jobs.

Indeed. 

It's like the band Jakob themselves.  They reached out to me months and months ago about buying the remastered CDs.  And then silence.  They don't respond to messages.  Like, then don't offer to sell me this thing I really want lol.  Which is fine!  They have the CDs just laying around, but never bothered to put them into a webstore or anything.  If you want one, you'll have to shell out $50 on discogs. 

I like the MS folks too, but to be fair, they've fucked up every. single. order. I've placed with them. I'm really hesitant to give them my money until I see products are heading out the door. You can be a super-awesome, well-intentioned human and still suck at what you do...

Edited by throwgncpr

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, jaba1337 said:

So i'm guessing none of these represses will ever happen now? TMS is obviously dead, and Jakob seem to be silent on social media along with their website being dead... Need another label to pick up the rights and get these done

I think about them often – not necessarily the repress, but just SOS and C:D on vinyl.  I think they’re dead in the water until the rights get shifted around.  Real damn shame.

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition