My friends house burnt down. Lost everything she owned (including records)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/104604-wtb-my-entire-collection-burned-in-a-house-fire-looking-for-bc-brand-new-now-now/#entry1994029

Also, this is the girl^^. She has an account on here supposedly. I knew I'd seen it on here at some point and another VC'er was kind enough to bring it to my attention again.

And yes, I'm definitely putting you and her on blast at this point.

I almost feel bad doing this, but it definitely comes off as kind of a scam, or at least someone who shouldn't be "living on their own" and has poor money management skills/priorities.

I don't understand. This isn't a scam. My friends house burnt down and I made a campaign to help her out. Nothing more nothing less. :/

It may not be a scam, but if your friend has all the money she needs to provide food, clothing and shelter for herself (which she must since she's buying records) then I don't see why we should pay to buy her records. None of us has money to buy every record we want. It's a shame that her house burned down and she lost everything, and if her animals died I feel terrible for her.

I don't believe that people should give money to her to buy non-necessities, though, when that money could go to people who actually don't have all their basic needs met.

Though you're trying to be nice and help out your friend, it actually comes off as selfish of her to take this money and buy records with it.

Stop it. We feel bad for her house burning down. People have offered to donate necessities like clothing and supplies, which the OP said she has enough of. So why are they asking for money then? Buying records is a want not a need when your home has burnt down.'

If this post came off as selfish that's completely wrong I had my family donate me things. I didn't ask for simply records. I wanted to give this money to the people in the house that lost money besides me. Sure things should have been worded differently but I'm not just on here to beg I'm just trying to restart my life. This thread completely took this the wrong way. 

NOBODY is saying this is a scam. Not one person has said that. I just have a problem with a couple of things

1) I donated money to help you get what I thought was a down payment on a new place or some food and clothes

2) The same day I donated money to your cause you posted on the pop punk emo merch wall that you'd like anyone who has anything from your list to sell to you

Which makes me think, why did I donate money to someone who obviously is well off enough to start purchasing anything that isn't a basic need?

I felt taken advantage of. Now more than ever.

You and your pal need to just get your stories in line. I was told all you had to your name was a beanie. Yet you where "good with all that stuff" when asked if we could send you clothes?

I also was told I'd be sending you some money to help you mend this catastrophe. Now I'm helping your neighbor?

What gives at this point?

If this post came off as selfish that's completely wrong I had my family donate me things. I didn't ask for simply records. I wanted to give this money to the people in the house that lost money besides me. Sure things should have been worded differently but I'm not just on here to beg I'm just trying to restart my life. This thread completely took this the wrong way. 

Firstly, you didn't ask for anything. Your friend came in here asking for money specifically for you, so how are any of us supposed to know this money is going to another family?

Secondly, yes, this thread is worded completely misleadingly. Your pal said that you needed money and made it seem like all your stuff "including records and books" burned up, and that you were buying clothing and other necessary items. To have you come in here and say something different than what he is saying doesn't make it seem any less sketchy to me.

I'm glad you're being nice to this family next door to you who needs money, but that should also have been said. People like to know where their money is going.

If I set up a fundraiser for cancer research, and then that money instead went to an animal shelter, don't you think people would be upset?

Thirdly, and finally, It doesn't seem like you really need any of this money, and if you're trying to be altruistic and give it to someone else in need, then stop buying fucking records and actually just give them money. If you've raised enough to help another family, and buy records, plus you have all your basic needs met now after losing everything it seems like you've raised plenty of money.

I vote to lock this thread.

Because all I had left to my name was a beanie. I have a job I didn't come on here and ask for the money I simply asked for people who had my records. I had money due to family members help. I feel bad asking for things when I didn't even know about this thread today,. I have spent up my savings from my job buying my school books and my clothes. Of course anything will help and I will use all of the money to a good cause I can't refund anything but you can speak with joe about that, don't think that I'm trying to take advantage of any of you. So yes I feel awful. My ex created himself a kickstarter for himself to buy a hand tattoo with the money he received I'm not asking you guys to donate for records. Everything has been worded so awfully. 

Nothing seems more inviting and thankful than this heart-wrenching message possibly written by robots.

Last night my friends house burnt down completely. All her clothes, records, books and all her other belongings didn't make it. I set up a indiegogo page for anyone that would like to donate to help her out. Any amount helps obviously.

Here's the link here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/friends-house-burnt-down-any-amount-will-help/x/8312870

then the indiegogo page...once again, reeeeally seems heart-warming.

ScreenShot2014-08-19at94855AM_zps1f05a65

followed by a stock image of a house burning.

zbwlzcw9i6zin3vzybzf_zps3fbeb2b4.jpg

(Best guess for this image: kill a mockingbird miss maudie's house fire)

not one please or thank you.

sorry if im overkilling it or beating a dead horse but this shit pisses me off.

Now we are talking about kickstarters for hand tattoos.

Oh and you can't refund the money, but you can make a new transaction to send the money back. I suggest doing that.

It doesn't seem like this whole ordeal has set you back at all. My friends house burnt down and his family had to live in a hotel for four months. I know he wasn't buying records that whole time.

And while we are talking about kickstarter. They wouldn't let me run my campaign which was essentially daytrotter for up and coming comedians a couple years back because the rewards weren't tangible enough despite coming up with like 20 rewards 10 of which were tangible. The other ones being entrance to the tapings and stuff like that.

I still like the idea. But now hand tattoos are getting green lit.