CHEAP SET PRICES FS: White Stripes Slipmat, System Of A Down, OFF!, QOTSA, Good Charlotte

derrickcook19941

The seller insisted on a Gift, or friends and family, payment which I believe is harder to dispute. Hence the "what's your address" questions instead of the Paypal Shipping option automatically sending out tracking information to the buyer.

This is true. I also don't want to get that aggressive about it. Seems like a pretty painless way of going about things. I know if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't bat an eyelash at the request, and apologize up until the last minute.

The seller paid promptly, was patient and understanding, and after a month decided he no longer wanted to pursue the transaction. Case closed.

The seller insisted on a Gift, or friends and family, payment which I believe is harder to dispute.  Hence the "what's your address" questions instead of the Paypal Shipping option automatically sending out tracking information to the buyer.  

FYI, even though it used my address, I never got shipping notice or tracking, it just showed up in a shitty package.  2 pieces of a box taped shut.  I gave the guy good feedback, because even though I waited, and waited, and it arrived in a SHIT ASS PACKAGE, I still recieved what I paid for in great condition.  I'm sorry you guys are still dealing with this bullshit.

As of last night, he told me he still hasnt sent it out, but will try to get it out this weekend. For whatever reason, I dont believe that, because I could have sworn that further up in this thread he promised to get everything out last Tuesday, after an already two and a half week delay. Add on top of that what to expect this to arrive in, and I'm less than thrilled.

As of last night, he told me he still hasnt sent it out, but will try to get it out this weekend. For whatever reason, I dont believe that, because I could have sworn that further up in this thread he promised to get everything out last Tuesday, after an already two and a half week delay. Add on top of that what to expect this to arrive in, and I'm less than thrilled.

Any update?

So I'd love to paraphrase, but these are the messages we've had in the past couple of days.  I paid August 1st, with promise to ship shortly thereafter:

Sent 27 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hey.

I'd like a refund for this. No longer interested at all. Let me know
--------

Sent 27 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

hey sorry i recently moved to school in iowa city. im sorry but i dont do refunds. i will however ship this out this weekend, sorry for the delay. whats your shipping address again? thanks!

---------

Sent 28 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

Dude, c'mon.  You're not a retailer, and you have absolutely no right to deny a refund.  You definitely have not lived up to your end of the bargain, and I'm no longer interested.  

At this point I am interested in just getting my cash back.  

-----------

Sent 28 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

when you sent me the money. it became mine. the record became yours. im trying to give you what is yours. i wont refund you but i will however ship the record out. i came back from tour then moved straight to school it has been difficult to ship things lately but i will be home tomorrow thru monday, so if you get me your address before monday night ill ship right out and get you the tracking #.

-------------

Sent Yesterday, 04:15 AM

That's total garbage, and you and I both know it.  There's not a single person on this site that would side with you.  When you fail to live up to your end of the bargain and send out 'what is mine' within a reasonable amount of time, I have full rights to reclaim what I gave you.  Tour, school, dead grandma, written promises that this would go out a week and a half ago, whatever the excuse, doesn't matter.  If you want to treat this like it is some iron clad agreement that we made, then it absolutely becomes null and void once you fail to live up to your end of the bargain.  Why aren't you getting this?

Not to mention the fact that you are going to send this record between two taped together pieces of cardboard?!  Absolutely unacceptable.  When we made this absolutely rock solid, can't be torn apart in a court of law agreement, it was assumed by the buyer(me) that this record would be packaged correctly and acceptably.  When there is reasonable doubt that this will happen, and the record will come destroyed(or not come at all) there will be absolutely no recourse on my end. 

I have a wife, two children, a full time job, and way more things going on in my life than I need, but somehow, somehow I can manage to get records out - packaged correctly - to people within a day or two after they pay.  If I can't, I send a simple message.  You've failed on both attempts.

I will tell you how it will go down:  'Hey, the garbage packing job you did didn't work, my record is completely broken.'

"Yeah, well I lived up to my end of the bargain.  I sent it to you, it's not my fault that the post office broke it.  Sorry!"

Can't do it, dude, sorry.

And why can't you go back and just find the address that I gave you in the beginning?  

We're talking about twenty five bucks here.  I really hope this wouldn't be enough to break your bank.  As of right now, you have stolen from me.  That money fails to become yours until I have a record in my hands.  You have had my $25 for over a month.  Transaction not complete.

I'll take the refund to [email protected]  thanks

I've got no ill will toward you, but I just need to move on from this.  

----------

Sent Yesterday, 04:25 AM

I'll tell you what.  You send this in an actual record mailer, in between two pieces of cardboard, and I get my tracking number by Saturday mid-day, and I'll leave this alone.  If you can't do that, then you abolish every right you claim to have in this.  Deal?

Scott ------

------ ------

---- ---- ------

----------------

Sent Today, 12:30 PM

Looking forward to that tracking number today, and even more forward to a legitimate packaging job.

Still no response, and I'm not very hopeful.  Again, it's $25, so I'm not ready to wage a war over this, but the second he put up defenses, and said 'Sorry, I don't do refunds' and failed to show remorse, or work with me in the slightest,  I added it to my agenda.  I guess I would never see myself doing this to anyone, so this is just odd.

Edit:

The first messages:

Sent 08 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Hey man,

I was just curious if you had a shipping estimate for this guy.  Can't wait to get it.  Thanks!

Scott

--------

Sent 08 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

hoping to ship out monday!

---------

Sent 08 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

Awesome, thanks.  Just curious.

-----------

Sent 16 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

Hey dude,

Curious if you've had a chance to ship this out yet. If you haven't, I'd honestly be more interested in a refund at this point. Let me know. Thanks.

--------

Sent 17 August 2014 - 04:09 AM

just finishing up tour. ill be home late monday night and all my pacakges will go out tuesday. sorry for the delay!

---------

Sent 23 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hey dude,

Just curious if this got shipped out, and what the tracking info may be if you got it.  Let me know.  

:/

My sentiments exactly.  Scratching my chin trying to figure this whole thing out.  I don't care about the money or the record anymore.  I'm perplexed with this dude and his lack of responsibility.  There was a little needle scratching across the record when he said, 'Sorry, I don't do refunds'.  My jaw dropped with that one.  

My sentiments exactly.  Scratching my chin trying to figure this whole thing out.  I don't care about the money or the record anymore.  I'm perplexed with this dude and his lack of responsibility.  There was a little needle scratching across the record when he said, 'Sorry, I don't do refunds'.  My jaw dropped with that one.  

Paypal claim it and walk away dude. I had someone tell me that them not purchasing tracking or proof of any shipment and my record never arriving was "my problem" after a few messages back and forth debating that fact I opened a dispute and they didnt even fight it, got my refund and bought the record else where

Paypal claim it and walk away dude. I had someone tell me that them not purchasing tracking or proof of any shipment and my record never arriving was "my problem" after a few messages back and forth debating that fact I opened a dispute and they didnt even fight it, got my refund and bought the record else where

Truth.  I guess it's just the morality of it.  We have a *fairly* tight knit unit of people on these boards, and there's a leap of faith taken with each transaction.  

I have no doubt that Derrick will eventually send out the record, but the fact that I cordially asked to back out of the deal after a month of no follow through and was denied...that's when I gained interest in following this through.  

I'm having a hell of a time getting the album I purchased shipped. Its been a little over a month. It was suppose to ship this past week, then it was yesterday.

You are not alone, my friend. You won't get an apology, and this guy doesn't seem to think he's in the wrong at all. Almost sociopathic.