Tron Legacy repress

I was alluding to the fact that he could have sold it for a lot more. Even double would have been below the median it sells at.

The "hmm" made me think you were questioning the honesty of his statement. But good on him for not charging out the wazoo. Or maybe he just sold it before the demand and prices really boomed.

Also, I don't understand the argument as to why more people shouldn't get the chance to own a great record. 

What's all this "limited" nonsense, what record labels are stating to drive up the hype? I think customers - at least I was - were in the belief that this was limited to 9072 copies worldwide. It has nothing to do with that, whether I want people actually owning this record or not.

I think record label shouldn't have stated in the first place that it was limited. 

What's all this "limited" nonsense, what record labels are stating to drive up the hype? I think customers - at least I was - were in the belief that this was limited to 9072 copies worldwide. It has nothing to do with that, whether I want people actually owning this record or not.

I think record label shouldn't have stated in the first place that it was limited. 

It's "limited" because it has a fancy schmancy number added to the back of the record. --Hence the 1st press is limited. 

Well i for one am over the f**king moon!  I wasn't into collecting vinyl when this first came out so missed it.  I have been looking at getting one for ages but the stupid inflated prices of £200 - £300 meant that it wasn't going to happen.  Now i can finally get a copy!  Happy days.

You know, now finding out that there were 9,000+ of these OG Tron: Legacy soundtracks (and that they sell for roughly $300) really puts into perspective the price/rareness of the Inception soundtrack. This Tron: Legacy is always at a high price point and I thought that it was ridiculous that Inception always seems to sell for $500 (and there are only 1,000 of those made). Man, Daft Punk fans are crazy. 

I think record labels should stick to it what they first promise. What's the point investing in music (or vinyl) nowadays when every song is freely available?

If you "invest" in vinyl then, like any other form of investment need know when sell, and that time is now for this record, also, not wanting others to enjoy having something that you have, just so your copy is rare is a bit of a shitty position to come from.

If they do repress I'm sure something will be different about the new package so there will still only be 10000 copies of what you bought.

If you "invest" in vinyl then, like any other form of investment need know when sell, and that time is now for this record, 

Or a while ago. But I don't want to sell my best sounding soundtracks unless I really really really have to. I enjoy the music too much. Plus, I have a decent soundtrack collection, which I want to keep complete.

But if I am sometimes in a position that I really need to sell, I hope my collection has value as much as possible. That's why I would like that record labels doesn't mislead customers with there empty promises. 

I know it is only the artwork that glows, but Ghostbusters really created a monster with this glow in the dark shit. They may not have been the first, but it was the first time I've seen the masses go nuts for it. Now everyone is trying to glowify their product somehow. I also have not seen Tron since the original made me flip my shit while I was stoned in 2004. Maybe sober Joto should give this a try.

It may be. I don't see large portion of consumers turning into vinyl nowadays. But I don't invest that much as I only buy about 10 scores per year. And like many of us, I like to enjoy the cover art while listening to music. Vinyl is definitely my favorite format.

o_O?

I know it is only the artwork that glows, but Ghostbusters really created a monster with this glow in the dark shit. They may not have been the first, but it was the first time I've seen the masses go nuts for it. Now everyone is trying to glowify their product somehow. I also have not seen Tron since the original made me flip my shit while I was stoned in 2004. Maybe sober Joto should give this a try.

The original press had a glow in the dark sleeve if I remember right.

That's why I would like that record labels doesn't mislead customers with there empty promises. 

You sir, are a moron. By no means does "Limited" mean "Will Never Be Pressed Again". Said label made you no promise so there was zero misleading on their behalf. Get over the fact that your record will no longer be worth a stupid amount money and just enjoy it for the music, like most fans do.

Mondo Poltergeist had a RSD Glow variant

Mondo Paranorman had glow vinyl also

so this being the artwork is somewhat new.

Consumer goods are not investments. They are meant for consumption. You can learn this in your first hour of any business class. Anything marketed as "limited" or "collectable" is already on it's way to being worthless. The real collectibles are the things nobody thinks to keep around in mint condition.