OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Oops my bad, I meant the memories I have of listening to this record at 12 years old and just being absolutely captivated. I want to experience that emotion again and I think that listening to it on this format will achieve that. So for that I pay $40. Record collectors are not a monolithic group and as such there will always be those with dissenting opinions on a records price point. I agree record prices are probably higher than they should be, but heck if it means more OOP records will be repressed I am willing to shell out the extra $10 to get them.

Oops my bad, I meant the memories I have of listening to this record at 12 years old and just being absolutely captivated. I want to experience that emotion again and I think that listening to it on this format will achieve that. So for that I pay $40. Record collectors are not a monolithic group and as such there will always be those with dissenting opinions on a records price point. I agree record prices are probably higher than they should be, but heck if it means more OOP records will be repressed I am willing to shell out the extra $10 to get them.

Ditto. Minus the 12 year old part. I was much older than that when this album dropped.

All I'm saying is "beat the horse. Don't stop beating it. No keep going. This price isn't something new. Keep hitting. Its kinda dead. It's been happening a while. Thirdman Records vault for instance. Which dream over probably buys." Honestly, I'm going to stop now. After I say this: Don't Buy It.

Why does every thread devolve into the same arguement. Every. Fucking. Thread. There should be a "Bitch about record prices" sticky that everyone who doesn't like a record price can go bitch and moan in the same place

Well, since you've noticed that it is "Every. Fucking. Thread." instead of worrying about it happening just accept that it does because there are certain aspects of any hobby that are going to be prevalent and discussed by the majority of the people who are actively participating in the discussion. Maybe its time to accept that the horrifically spiking costs of vinyl for so many titles is just part of the discussion and will concern people who don't want to get ripped off but want to own a title on vinyl. "I'm so glad this got repressed! Oh, its twice the price it should be.... fuck..."

I guarantee you there will be nothing so amazingly higher quality about this release than the $20 2XLP's that Deathwish, Inc puts out.

Who says its a devolution. People are still making lucid points about the price. If it just became a shit storm of name calling wherein no dialogue was actually being had on any intellectual level, then I'd say you could call it a devolution but everyone has their own standard.

Guest Secular Haze

@Secular Haze, are you checking using your cart? When I tried today it let me add 1000 every time. Maybe it was being glitchy with me? Just curious if that's how you got your info.

Yes. It's down to 489 now.

Well, since you've noticed that it is "Every. Fucking. Thread." instead of worrying about it happening just accept that it does because there are certain aspects of any hobby that are going to be prevalent and discussed by the majority of the people who are actively participating in the discussion. Maybe its time to accept that the horrifically spiking costs of vinyl for so many titles is just part of the discussion and will concern people who don't want to get ripped off but want to own a title on vinyl. "I'm so glad this got repressed! Oh, its twice the price it should be.... fuck..."

I guarantee you there will be nothing so amazingly higher quality about this release than the $20 2XLP's that Deathwish, Inc puts out.

Who says its a devolution. People are still making lucid points about the price. If it just became a shit storm of name calling wherein no dialogue was actually being had on any intellectual level, then I'd say you could call it a devolution but everyone has their own standard.

Agreed on all points. It just makes it hard to find any release info reading through pages of arguing.

Agreed on all points. It just makes it hard to find any release info reading through pages of arguing.

Haha you have better luck going to modern vinyl to get the info if that's all you want. They just come on here, grab the relevant info and post it. This here forum is for shaq, cat and t-swift gifs along with the same old price bitching and name calling. Let us have our fun!

Haha you have better luck going to modern vinyl to get the info if that's all you want. They just come on here, grab the relevant info and post it. This here forum is for shaq, cat and t-swift gifs along with the same old price bitching and name calling. Let us have our fun!

You forgot wrestling.