OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Maybe it's just me, but I gladly bought this record for $40 +$5 Shipping and Handling, and I didn't even think twice about it.

Not just because it's an album I want so dearly, but because I want to support the band, and I am also greatful that I got the opportunity to purchase this at a price signifigantly below what they've been selling for on eBay. I'm glad I waited it out.

People that say that want to own this record because it's great but don't want to pay what they're charging clearly don't want it that badly. And that's fine, maybe this is just one of those records you don't get to add to your collection. Your choice. But when you start telling people what they should charge just "because" you think that's what it should be, instead of just accepting the price letting them charge what they want to, you're fighting a losing battle.

Maybe it's just me, but I gladly bought this record for $40 +$5 Shipping and Handling, and I didn't even think twice about it.

Not just because it's an album I want so dearly, but because I want to support the band, and I am also greatful that I got the opportunity to purchase this at a price signifigantly below what they've been selling for on eBay. I'm glad I waited it out.

People that say that want to own this record because it's great but don't want to pay what they're charging clearly don't want it that badly. And that's fine, maybe this is just one of those records you don't get to add to your collection. Your choice. But when you start telling people what they should charge just "because" you think that's what it should be, instead of just accepting the price letting them charge what they want to, you're fighting a losing battle.

It's sad that you think voting with your money is a losing battle. Just another example of consumers being conditioned to believe they have no power in or influence over the marketplace. You're supposed have it and you do have it. If the price is fine for you then it's fine.

Haha, this is so much fun reading this thread. I'm not really into C&C (as I tried it once and it sounded like Bon Jovi to me), but this album case is interesting from collector point of view. For years, most of you writing here, were able to pay hundreds of dollars for it (at least, theoritically), praying for repress and so on. When it pops up, they are still people who are bitching about the price, however it is few times less than 1st press costs. When it sells out, there willl be bitching and praying again.. for few years maybe. This is business and they know it. Prices will not drop because you bitch, unfortunately. Vinyl hype works!

Now hate me.

;)

Guest Secular Haze

Since I've already adopted the role of Cart Checker in this thread, I shall continue. 341 left.

As your Inventory Manager, I vow to provide periodic updates on the remaining units available to potentially break up any arguments about price or "the hobby."

Bought it yesterday also without thinking twice. I'm also going to pick up the 180g when that comes out. The peach tour variant doesn't do much for me so thankfully I won't have to buy 3 of these

hey, we should be friends, not because this is my thought (totes buying the peach one), but your band's hometown is where I live! James Champ is my only friend, so a real life one would be good too!

Maybe it's a lie but my order confirmation for the gray variant says it's 180g:

Thank you for ordering from MerchNOW.

Your order number is XXXXXXXX

Order Summary:

1 x In Keeping Secrets Gray 180 Gram Swirl Double LP

I have my fingers crossed that their error in changing it from 180 to standard is ACTUALLY the error and they will be 180g. I also hope that the record is misprinted and actually GA1. Then we all laugh about it in 4 years. Except for that one guy who's still upset because he paid FORTY DOLLARS for a MISPRINT!?