OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Fanboys of any band or brand are obnoxious.  I dont think its much worse for Coheed, it may just be that you actually like the product and are paying attention to how stupid the people are, and that somehow they still like something you do.  

Im old now, but the cost of band shirts is nuts, especially for the quality of the shirt you are getting.  Maybe I am just cheap when it comes to fashion, and maybe thats because I have no sense of it, but a cheap pair of jeans and a plain shirt are just fine with me.   

Im old now, but the cost of band shirts is nuts, especially for the quality of the shirt you are getting.  Maybe I am just cheap when it comes to fashion, and maybe thats because I have no sense of it, but a cheap pair of jeans and a plain shirt are just fine with me.   

I am with you 100%. I find it ridiculous and unjustified to pay $40-$45 for a t-shirt. That's about how much merch for most bands has been as of late. At least the bigger name bands. Seeing Converge for example, I can get a shirt for $15-$20 at their shows.

I love Coheed shows and hate 90% of the people at them.

It's funny, my friend that I went to the show on Sunday with and I were talking about why it is that the ratio of people wearing the band's shirt they're there to see is so high at Coheed shows. I don't think we came to a conclusion really.

This is me at every show pretty much.

Fanboys of any band or brand are obnoxious.  I dont think its much worse for Coheed, it may just be that you actually like the product and are paying attention to how stupid the people are, and that somehow they still like something you do.  

Agreed. Give me a plain t-shirt for $5-10 and I'm happy most of the time. I diiiiid snag that shirt at Coheed though because I brought money in case I could get multiple records.

I am with you 100%. I find it ridiculous and unjustified to pay $40-$45 for a t-shirt. That's about how much merch for most bands has been as of late. At least the bigger name bands. Seeing Converge for example, I can get a shirt for $15-$20 at their shows.

I think I ended up paying $25 for my raglan one at the show which wasn't too terribly overpriced. Still more than I wanted to spend on a shirt...but I got caught up in the nostalgia.

Yeah, their shirts are always priced dangerously low for me (I've bought at least one every time I've seen them)

When I saw converge in seattle earlier this year, I was pleasantly surprised to buy me and my brother a shirt each for 40 total. Even better, Jacob himself was selling them! Haha

I don't think it matters if you wear merch for the band your seeing, being a one upping douchebag about it is a whole different story.

Bingo

One of the guys I was talking to in line was gloating about starting it and how he's a mod of it and blah, blah, blah.

Being a mod in that group is like being king of the window lickers.  I was in the group for 5 minutes, told someone off for being an asshole, and deleted myself.

I am amongst the window lickers. It has proved beneficial at times (e.g. someone spilled the NEVERENDER presale code early and I was lucky enough to grab Platinum tickets before sellout). Other than mooching info, I don't contribute (unless it's to brag about all my coheed merch).

I don't get it, there are just some of those bands that you love and then you go to their show, see the crowd, and just go...

tumblr_lwg6nhGmaF1qzjix8.gif

I definitely agree with the Thrice comment. I would also add in Paramore (toured with them, and holy teenie bopper hell).

I can't say there is a single show I have been to ever that isn't like that. Most people go to shows to drink and be obnoxious, not to watch musicians perform. It sucks but it's always nice seeing the few people in the crowd who actually do give a shit.

I can't say there is a single show I have been to ever that isn't like that. Most people go to shows to drink and be obnoxious, not to watch musicians perform. It sucks but it's always nice seeing the few people in the crowd who actually do give a shit.

Eh, saw Against Me, Converge and Circa Survive recently. Everyone at those shows were pretty alright. Nothing to the point of giving me the thought of "man, I love this band but their fan base is full of pretentious assholes".

xttar48.jpg

Alright, did we ever figure out how many grey ones were pressed?

No definitive answer, but I believe the assumed number is 1000 based on cart checking. While the tour is probably also 1000 (40 per date times 25 dates). But like I've said before, they will magically uncover a couple boxes that were "lost" in a few months/ years.