OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Mine showed up today. Looks more like a grey marble then a swirl. Oh well Im still happy to have it.

As far as the remaster goes... Ehhhh. Not impressed. Vocals are super loud as are the drums. guitars are kind of flat. At least up to 3 evils. Overall pricey as fuck but beats $300 on an og.

Is there an echo in here? Just joking around, this is exactly what I said. Good to hear I'm not alone.

I have played one of the two tour editions that i picked up, the one i sold to my buddy at cost, and i experienced all of the same quality issues that i'm reading in here.  I got my gray copy yesterday and haven't even taken it out of the mailer yet.  I'm seriously considering not even opening it and just waiting to get a black copy for my personal collection.  i'll bet that the plain black variant won't have all the surface noise, pops and warping that the pretty-looking variants have.  i'm discovering more and more, at least from my own experience, that the variants that are marbled, swirled, splattered, etc. are far more likely to lack in sound quality.  it's not completely true every time though.  My Crosses gray marble record sounds great, is cleanly cut and flat as a pancake.  and black doesn't always sound good either.  bottom line is that there's nothing more frustrating than getting a record that doesn't deliver on the expectation that it's going to be superior in terms of sound vs. a cd or digital file.  isn't the black copy being listed as the "audiophile version" specifically?

I have played one of the two tour editions that i picked up, the one i sold to my buddy at cost, and i experienced all of the same quality issues that i'm reading in here. I got my gray copy yesterday and haven't even taken it out of the mailer yet. I'm seriously considering not even opening it and just waiting to get a black copy for my personal collection. i'll bet that the plain black variant won't have all the surface noise, pops and warping that the pretty-looking variants have. i'm discovering more and more, at least from my own experience, that the variants that are marbled, swirled, splattered, etc. are far more likely to lack in sound quality. it's not completely true every time though. My Crosses gray marble record sounds great, is cleanly cut and flat as a pancake. and black doesn't always sound good either. bottom line is that there's nothing more frustrating than getting a record that doesn't deliver on the expectation that it's going to be superior in terms of sound vs. a cd or digital file. isn't the black copy being listed as the "audiophile version" specifically?

If you are looking to sell that peach variant, I'm very interested in adding that one to my collection.

I have played one of the two tour editions that i picked up, the one i sold to my buddy at cost, and i experienced all of the same quality issues that i'm reading in here. I got my gray copy yesterday and haven't even taken it out of the mailer yet. I'm seriously considering not even opening it and just waiting to get a black copy for my personal collection. i'll bet that the plain black variant won't have all the surface noise, pops and warping that the pretty-looking variants have. i'm discovering more and more, at least from my own experience, that the variants that are marbled, swirled, splattered, etc. are far more likely to lack in sound quality. it's not completely true every time though. My Crosses gray marble record sounds great, is cleanly cut and flat as a pancake. and black doesn't always sound good either. bottom line is that there's nothing more frustrating than getting a record that doesn't deliver on the expectation that it's going to be superior in terms of sound vs. a cd or digital file. isn't the black copy being listed as the "audiophile version" specifically?

For the record, my gray swirl had little to no surface noise. But come to think of it, I only played side 1! I'll have to check the rest out this evening.

I have played one of the two tour editions that i picked up, the one i sold to my buddy at cost, and i experienced all of the same quality issues that i'm reading in here.  I got my gray copy yesterday and haven't even taken it out of the mailer yet.  I'm seriously considering not even opening it and just waiting to get a black copy for my personal collection.  i'll bet that the plain black variant won't have all the surface noise, pops and warping that the pretty-looking variants have.  i'm discovering more and more, at least from my own experience, that the variants that are marbled, swirled, splattered, etc. are far more likely to lack in sound quality.  it's not completely true every time though.  My Crosses gray marble record sounds great, is cleanly cut and flat as a pancake.  and black doesn't always sound good either.  bottom line is that there's nothing more frustrating than getting a record that doesn't deliver on the expectation that it's going to be superior in terms of sound vs. a cd or digital file.  isn't the black copy being listed as the "audiophile version" specifically?

Stopped lurking to give you a hand. Take a read in the deadwax of your tour varient. The tour varient was pressed at a different plant (URP I believe) than the gray and black versions (MPO). Not saying that problems won't be present (we're talking about manufacturing antiques here), but the issues with the tour copy should not be present on the gray/black versions.

Stopped lurking to give you a hand. Take a read in the deadwax of your tour varient. The tour varient was pressed at a different plant (URP I believe) than the gray and black versions (MPO). Not saying that problems won't be present (we're talking about manufacturing antiques here), but the issues with the tour copy should not be present on the gray/black versions.

I must've missed the talk about that.  That's interesting.  I'd like to hear some more reviews from folks who have played the gray variant.  I'm in no hurry to open mine up.