Does anyone else collect gold promo stamped LPs?

I'm currently replacing my non-gold promo stamped copies of LPs with stamped copies and a friend of mine asked me why I was doing so. I told him that I like the gold foil, the idea that it was given out before the official release date, and its also fun to try and find them while crate digging. Does anyone else out there collect gold promo stamped LPs? What's the highest price you've paid for one? Here's a list of my latest additions (my collection is HUGE and it would take me forever to list them all). 

Joy Division - "Substance" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
Yazoo - "Upstairs At Eric's" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
Yazoo - "You and Me Both" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
INXS - "Kick - US Press Gold Promo Stamp
Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration" - US Press Gold Stickered Promo
Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration" - Canadian Press Gold Promo Stamped
Ministry - "Work For Love - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
Ministry - "Over The Shoulder" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
New Order - "Brotherhood" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
The Psychedelic Furs - "Forever Now" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped
Bob Dylan - "DESIRE" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped

Metallica - "Master Of Puppets" - US Press Gold Promo Stamped

Yes, but only the King Crimson/UK/ similar prog bands from the 70's/early 80's. I prefer the Warner Bros. that went to Executives, as the inner sleeve is often the WB mylar/plastic sleeve and usually never played.  Just one per issue, always trying to upgrade to Mint/NM which I have with 3 of my favorite ones so far.  I use my old OG playing copy.

They're just cool, and 'not intended for sale' - love that.  Pure nostalgia and not too expensive for the issues I like.  Doesn't seem to be hard to find them, but finding in pristine condition is the challenge.

I'm not saying your collection isn't huge, but I always think it's funny when people say this without quantifying it. How huge?

I'd say I have 60+ gold promo stamped LPs and then another 30+ promo's that are non-US (stickers mainly) and I was too lazy to post up the whole list last night :) (its not HUGE i guess, it just seemed like a big task when I originally created this thread)  

I don't seek them out but over the years I've acquired probably quite a few of them. I don't know because i don't bother to acknowledge them in my database, I just treat them as regular copies unless there was something else unique about them (like special labels or something).

Do you also collect those promos that were pressed on "high quality audiophile vinyl"? I have two Cure albums (Kiss Mex3 and Disintegration) and the first Sugarcubes album like that. 

I don't necessarily collect promo stamped records, but I do have a bunch. My local record shop back in the 80s sold a lot of them (even though they weren't supposed to). Then I wokred in college radio and got a lot there.

Pictured below is one of my favorites. I bought it in 1987 just as it came out. I had no idea who they were and bought it just for the cover. Boy was 16 year old me surprised to hear what was inside! I kept telling everyone I knew that they had to listen to this new band! A few months later they were everywhere.

IMAG143601_zps23fe9d31.jpg

...you can just barely see the gold promo stamp over the word 'Guns'