PO: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Reissues

Pretty reasonable prices for the EU version of "The Good Son" if you don't want to wait for the US release: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00R22001I/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sr=&qid=

Do we know yet if this well get a US release? I don't mind waiting if it will. But yes, those are good prices regardless. I'm down to only needing 4 of his including this one... 

Do we know yet if this well get a US release? I don't mind waiting if it will. But yes, those are good prices regardless. I'm down to only needing 4 of his including this one... 

It's had a US release date listed from time to time, but it's been consistently pushed back. Only releases without US dates are Abbatoir Blues, Nocturama, and Dig, Lazarus, Dig. This seems to match up with the official announcements that 14 re-issues would come out in EU, 11 in US.

It's had a US release date listed from time to time, but it's been consistently pushed back. Only releases without US dates are Abbatoir Blues, Nocturama, and Dig, Lazarus, Dig. This seems to match up with the official announcements that 14 re-issues would come out in EU, 11 in US.

Cool cool. I have been trying to piece together that info for a while. haha.... I did pick up Abattoir and Nocturama so I guess the only other I need to buy as import is Dig Lazarus. 

I dont understand why dig lazarus and abbatoir are not getting US reissues, especially since i need those two...

I picked up Abattoir from an Amazon 3rd party for $25. I was happy with that. 

Last I looked Amazon had dig for like 25 bucks. Is it a crumby pressing? If it is I'll hold off, but for 25 that's not much more than the reissues are after tax.

I just saw this. One company has both dig and abattoir for 25 and 29. I know there have been boots of abattoir but have heard good things about the recent EU pressings so if they are those im all for grabbing them.

If you're ordering from MovieMars or RareWaves, they're going to be the most recent pressings. Don't bother getting them from the same place if it's cheaper getting it from different ones--it's not like they'll combine shipping. FWIW, I got DLD and Nocturama from MovieMars and my AB/LOO from some seller called reflexcdgb in the UK.

I just saw this. One company has both dig and abattoir for 25 and 29. I know there have been boots of abattoir but have heard good things about the recent EU pressings so if they are those im all for grabbing them.

There should really be an easier way to contact sellers on Amazon. Maybe there is and I just haven't looked.

There should really be an easier way to contact sellers on Amazon. Maybe there is and I just haven't looked.

If you click on the individual seller there is a contact seller button. I just did it and asked them about combined shipping. Amazon should just have it built in like discogs does. Im not trying to pay 12 bucks to have 3 records shipped for no reason.

For anyone who cares, its apparently against amazon policy to let third party sellers combine shipping for some reason. Movie mars customer service got back to me really quickly and was just like yeah its out of our hands unfortunately. So thats really dumb.

Would you be shocked if Amazon got a % of the shipping price?

I'm just going to import them once I remember. I'm kind of on Nick Cave overload right now. So far, I've been really happy with how the ones I have turned out.

Yeah, I feel like this was one of the better-done reissue campaigns in recent memory. Good quality (aside from a few pressing issues), short time frame (come July or so, 14 albums will have been reissued in fewer than 10 months), and reasonable prices. Glad they didn't outsource this to something like Music on Vinyl, where each would've been like $35.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...