PO: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Reissues

Only releases without US dates are Abbatoir Blues, Nocturama, and Dig, Lazarus, Dig. This seems to match up with the official announcements that 14 re-issues would come out in EU, 11 in US.

The Good Son is currently without a US release date, too. It's been listed a few times, though, so I bet it comes out eventually.

Wasn't there some issue with some presses of Murder Ballads? Something about the discs being the same or something?

I heard stories about both Murder Ballads and Your Funeral...My Trial having those sorts of issues, but it seemed to be pretty limited. I would just make sure you're buying from a reputable seller so that you can exchange if something's amiss.

For what it's worth, both of my copies were fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Popmarket has a deal on four of the reissues. Free shipping. I only have the unauthorized red version of Murder Ballads, so I took the plunge.

NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS - VINYL BUNDLE

Exclusive Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds vinyl bundle, featuring four critically-acclaimed albums originally released between 1994 – 2001 and reissued on heavyweight 180g vinyl for the first time – all LP’s come with download cards!

FOUR Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds mid-period classic reissues on vinyl for ONE great price!

Let Love In, Murder Ballads, The Boatman's Call and No More Shall We Part

Quality 180-gram black vinyl pressings 

All LP’s have been remastered, overseen by former Bad Seed and founder member Mick Harvey

Each album has been crafted to reflect the original release from the cover to the printed inner sleeves

Albums feature prominent guest musicians including PJ Harvey, Shane MacGowan, Kylie Minogue, Kate and Anna McGarrigle among others

No More Shall We Part double LP includes 2 bonus tracks

All LPs include free download cards

Original Price: $93.92

$79.99

• 2 months later...

Looks like Lazarus, Abattoir, and Nocturama are getting US pressings on December 4. Found these on Amazon.ca

Abattoir Blues $22.13 prime

Nocturama $40.10 (might sink?)

Dig Lazarus Dig $40.10

Similar prices on US Amazon, too, plus a release for Boatman's call. Still cheaper to order the European imports.

So this means the Good Son is the only one to not get a US release?I have picked up a couple of the imports and I'm only missing that and Dig Lazarus. Just doesn't make sense they'd give them all US releases except for one? 

When I said "Boatman's Call" in the above post, I meant "Good Son!" Here's the link, 12/4 US release: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Son-Nick-Cave-Seeds/dp/B00P3BO2V4/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1446383195&sr=1-1&keywords=nick+cave+the+good+son

When I said "Boatman's Call" in the above post, I meant "Good Son!" Here's the link, 12/4 US release: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Son-Nick-Cave-Seeds/dp/B00P3BO2V4/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1446383195&sr=1-1&keywords=nick+cave+the+good+son

Perfect. I missed that looking thru Amazon somehow. Now I'm happy they didn't leave out just one! Thanks for the link. 

Excellent news. Glad I held off from importing. 

I've been tempted a few times myself, since it's the only one I'm missing at this point.  I was looking at my initial preorder and it was almost a year ago!  I wonder why this one has been plagued with delays?  Either way, stoked to finally get it!  I have listened to SO MUCH Nick Cave in the last year.

• 1 month later...

I preordered Abattoir Blues from Amazon.ca for $22.13 CAD ($25CD including tax, which is $18.50US). I'm thinking I may cancel my preorder, but seeing as it's currently listed for $45 or so, I'm wondering someone wants this at the price I'm locked in at. If you're in Canada, we can discuss changing the address to yours (and you can pay me via Paypal/etransfer), or if you're elsewhere, I'm guessing I can ship pretty much anywhere around $8-9US. Not sure if that's still a good price, but let me know if you're interested.