Balmorhea - restocked Constellations LP $15.00 Big Cartel

No fancy thread - popped up on twitter about an hour ago. 2 tracks and some remixes on 'colored' vinyl. I haven't listened to the tracks yet.

$10 shipped is good.  My 7" bin is running out of room and been trying to keep these to a minimum except the 4 or 5 I've been looking for.

http://westernvinyl.com/shop/

heir_850.jpg

Band is criminally underrated.  If this will be on an album down the road, I'm going to have to pass.  (Even though $10 PPD for a 7" isn't bad at all, these days.)  I just see no point in spending that amount when the album itself will probably be $25 PPD or so.  I love Balmorhea immensely, but I've been working at pruning down my 7" collection and keeping it shallow.

NO DATE FOR THE CALENDAR!!!!  I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!

Yeah, that's frustrating... but I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of it in the future.  POs for "sometime in a few months" seem to be more and more common.  What I'm curious to know is if the band has a new album in store for 2014.  Their previous releases have been 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012.  They are machines, and it seems like they don't go longer than 2 years between albums...

Derek I have been trying the same thing lately. I buy 7"s and never play them or even see them. Money not well spent for me.

Yeah, exactly.  I've been selling anything that I own on a 12" or full album.  I do get the collector bug from time to time, but it's very hard for me to justify owning 7"s when they cost as much as they do.  The b-sides / remixes / whatever are something that I very rarely go out of my way to revisit.

Fun fact: I confirmed with the band that the two songs on this 7" will not appear on any full length.  They're exclusive to this release.  Not sure what color the vinyl is, but it's limited to 1,000.  Looks like I'm bending my rule on 7"s.

Strong work once again, Derek!

I was set to do some justification about my impulsive, bleeding heart to support the band getting the upper hand on the old brain (yet again), or 'the track is absolutely sublime -- which it is and my daughter said it doesn't sound like them but she really liked it a lot -- or 'it's only $10, I bring my lunch to work every day'..yada yada...

Can't wait to hear the rest of the tracks and eager to see if there is any shift in their sound on the LP, or if this was just a fun little fling they had.

Strong work once again, Derek!

I was set to do some justification about my impulsive, bleeding heart to support the band getting the upper hand on the old brain (yet again), or 'the track is absolutely sublime -- which it is and my daughter said it doesn't sound like them but she really liked it a lot -- or 'it's only $10, I bring my lunch to work every day'..yada yada...

Can't wait to hear the rest of the tracks and eager to see if there is any shift in their sound on the LP, or if this was just a fun little fling they had.

My hunch is that it's a bit of a fun experiment for them.  To me, the song feels more ambient than their prior work... but not in a bad way at all.  They branched out and incorporated electronics on Stranger, so maybe they'll continue to challenge themselves and expand their sound palette with the new album?  It's possible.  But even if they committed to the sound of Heir for a full length, I'd have zero complaints whatsoever.  They've got such a strong reputation going with their current discography that I can't imagine they'd steer us wrong.

They have demonstrated with Heir I that they can do Ambient and probably quite well imho, such a great track.  

I wasn't so sure about Sigur Ros with Valtari, but I have come to love that album and there are a plenty of vocals, but the ambient feel the first couple of passes was a bit of a shock to my ears.

They have demonstrated with Heir I that they can do Ambient and probably quite well imho, such a great track.  

I wasn't so sure about Sigur Ros with Valtari, but I have come to love that album and there are a plenty of vocals, but the ambient feel the first couple of passes was a bit of a shock to my ears.

god 'valtari' is definitely up there for me. have you watched the short film collection?

http://www.amazon.com/Valtari-Film-Experiment-Limited-Edition/dp/B00B2TUDHS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407512227&sr=8-1&keywords=valtari+film+experiment

Unless I'm mistaken, it's sounding like the self-titled debut (EP) will be seeing the vinyl treatment in October, too.  Great news all around.

As in this one, http://www.discogs.com/Balmorhea-Balmorhea/release/1344591 ? (Sorry, just clarifying as you mentioned EP). If so, I'm so in for that! Absolutely adore that record.

• 1 month later...

Song premiere: Attesa 2014 version and also a Nils Frahm rework!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2014/09/song-premiere-balmorheanils-frahm---attesa-2014-ve.html

Just hit the pre-order button on Amazon.co.uk. So this means the whole album is re-recorded? I'm not certain that I love the idea since I'm so used to the original and would love to have that on vinyl, but I'm also pretty damn excited to hear the new versions.