^ And my conversation with Fat Possum indicated they are responsible for the coloured batch going to Europe (but not the Newbury).

My guess is that since MM isn't nearly as popular in Europe (dated a French girl this summer and neit her her nor any of her Euro friends had heard of them. And they were all music people), they still have a number of them left. Which is why they might be sent out either accidentry or maybe as an apology for a defective record.

ugh! opened my copy of Long Drive to find a gouge on side two that is def gonna pop 7-8 times when played.

what are the chances of getting a replacement from newbury?

It's very likely they will replace it for you, I've returned a handful of records to them because of defects. They'll see it and understand. I believe Long Drive releases on 11/04 from Newbury so either your store got it early or there should be more copies coming in if they were all out when you bought yours. 

You probably feel bad because it's a limited edition, don't worry about that. Nobody wants to buy a new record that's defected. Good luck!

It's very likely they will replace it for you, I've returned a handful of records to them because of defects. They'll see it and understand. I believe Long Drive releases on 11/04 from Newbury so either your store got it early or there should be more copies coming in if they were all out when you bought yours. 

You probably feel bad because it's a limited edition, don't worry about that. Nobody wants to buy a new record that's defected. Good luck!

wish i could just walk in and get a replacement... but i'm in Canada. Sent them an email, hoping i don't have to pay for shipping to return it to them. I've had a couple issues like this in the past but with different companies. Never with Newbury before.

Semantics but I'm pretty sure Long Drive came out on the 28th or something and LCW is the 4th.

Finally got around to cleaning Long Drive and WOW this record sounds fantastic. I've been listening to the MP3s of this for so long, and every file I have downloaded of that album sounds slightly distorted compared to the record which sounds crystal clear.

I agree. Long Drive and LCW sound amazing!

I agree. Long Drive and LCW sound amazing!

I listened to Lonesome yesterday and was really pleased by how it sounded.  It's going to take me a few listens to get used to the slightly different track list though.  These releases appear to be handled really well, well worth the wait.

wish i could just walk in and get a replacement... but i'm in Canada. Sent them an email, hoping i don't have to pay for shipping to return it to them. I've had a couple issues like this in the past but with different companies. Never with Newbury before.

I rec'd a reply from Newbury this morning. They are sending a replacement and no need for me to send the defective item back..... What am i to do with all these defective items? I have half a dozen i think. anyone have any creative uses for them?