Anyone see this?

It would appear that Isaac's Glacial Pace label has managed to secure the rights to all the original UP Records releases, as it has been pointed out that the albums are now being listed as "© Glacial Pace" in places like the Google Play store.

I just looked it up on the iTunes Store and it says "c 2014 Glacial Pace Recordings under exclusive license to Fat Possum Records"

If you look on Fat Possum's site, they are selling CDs and mp3s of The Fruit That Ate Itself, and Sad Sappy Sucker. No vinyl is listed for sale though.

I'll say it again. This is REAL. News will be dropping soon enough ;)

That's all well and good, but it's still unsubstantiated until someone involved with the actual production of the records says something. I'm not saying it isn't happening, I'm very hopeful that it is and it seems very reasonable that it will soon. I'm just saying that none of these rumors has actually been proven true so far with any sort of fact, beyond Glacial Pace now owning rights to the album(s) in question.

i mean it's obviously going to happen, there's tons of money to be made, it's just a matter of how soon

That's how I look at it too.  I've also listened to Lonesome and Long Drive so much in the past 10 years that I'm not in any rush to have them in my collection, but I would like them in the next five years.

I could be wrong but I think modest mouse would have more of a market than nine inch nails, for vinyl at least.

not only could you be wrong, but you are blatantly wrong. like, are you serious? modest mouse has more of a market for vinyl than nine inch nails? you're out of your element, donny.

not only could you be wrong, but you are blatantly wrong. like, are you serious? modest mouse has more of a market for vinyl than nine inch nails? you're out of your element, donny.

He said he could be wrong. Modest Mouse is more popular though so I don't get how he's blatently wrong. If there was such a huge market they'd keep nin albums in print.

Anyone see this?

It would appear that Isaac's Glacial Pace label has managed to secure the rights to all the original UP Records releases, as it has been pointed out that the albums are now being listed as "© Glacial Pace" in places like the Google Play store.

The band has even been selling copies of The Lonesome Crowded West on their past tour, featuring the Glacial Pace logo and similar packaging to the 2010 releases of the original K Records.

Board member Idioteque was able to speak to Isaac after a show and he said that he was "about to repress the fuck out of them." This should mean that copies of This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About, The Lonesome Crowded West, and Building Nothing Out Of Something should be easier to find, and will become available on vinyl again.

No word on the Interstate 8 EP, which was also released through UP Records. This may be the one that Isaac mentioned they'd lost the masters for, but my mind is slipping...

In other vinyl news, board admin Chief Tragedy, has pointed out that Urban Outfitters has begun selling coloured vinyl for Sad Sappy Sucker (yellow) and The Fruit That Ate Itself (green) online. This pressing seems to be dated April 15, and is appearing on other online stores (Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc), but with no mention on the vinyl being coloured. In case you're wanting to hold out to see if this pressing becomes more common, as the consensus seems to be that Urban Outfitters is not a great place to buy vinyl online.

This is all really old news barring the colored OU records. Glacial Pace has owned the rights for LCW, Long Drive and BNOOS since at least February.