SeaMoney took me for $340

yocaseycasey

I bought some records from SeaMoney on July 15.

He sent me a message saying he was packing them up on July 21 and asked if I wanted to add a record to the lot and I agreed, sending him more money. 

I asked if they shipped around 3 days later via PM. No response. He didn't read the message but was still logging onto VC.

I sent him an email on the 28th saying that I just want to know if they shipped or not. Not upset, just concerned because it was a large amount of money and it had been 2 weeks. I told him that I could see that he was logging onto VC and maybe he wasn't getting message notifications. He conveniently quit logging onto VC on the 28th.

On August 2, I opened a Paypal case, stating that I would close the case as soon as I got a response, because that's all I wanted. I was hoping that the case would at least get a response out of him. I know it might have been premature, but I hadn't heard from him for 2 weeks at that point. No response still to this point. 

I will get a refund from Paypal on the 14th, since he still hasn't responded. 

I know he had to have gotten a message from me at some point, whether it be here, e-mail, or through the Paypal claim.

Maybe posting this will get a response out of him. I hoped that the records would just show up, but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. 

So when he gets back on here, beware buying from him.

I understand being busy. I myself have sold records and not shipped for a few weeks in the past, but I'm always reachable. 

He had a ton of posts on here and plenty of positive feedback. I tend to send as gifts to members on here that have 1,000+ posts or plenty of positive feedback. I'm glad I didn't in this case.

Sometimes Paypal is a god send.

Hopefully nothing serious has happened though and everything works out one way or another.

I was worried that maybe he had gotten hurt or something happened.

The beautiful thing about the internet is you can google an e-mail address and find anything.

He was at Lollapalooza last weekend.

The beautiful thing about the internet is you can google an e-mail address and find anything.

Haha incredible.

Looks like someone wanted a bit of extra cash for Lollapalooza.

Nice reminder for anyone not to gift money to people. I do it for small amounts if people are doing a favour for me and buying me records to ship in bulk to the UK, but would never do it for a large amount!

I could have met up with him and kindly asked where the records were, WITH A FREE COUPONETTE FOR A PUNCH TO HIS FACE.

That Beardxcore kid almost got me for $250. Im always timid to send money now and always try and have a good conversation before i send any money! maybe thats just me but i like to get to know em a little first

Y'know, like wine 'em and dine 'em. Sit 'em down to a nice dinner. Go for a walk afterwards.

I bought some records from SeaMoney on July 15.

He sent me a message saying he was packing them up on July 21 and asked if I wanted to add a record to the lot and I agreed, sending him more money. 

I asked if they shipped around 3 days later via PM. No response. He didn't read the message but was still logging onto VC.

I sent him an email on the 28th saying that I just want to know if they shipped or not. Not upset, just concerned because it was a large amount of money and it had been 2 weeks. I told him that I could see that he was logging onto VC and maybe he wasn't getting message notifications. He conveniently quit logging onto VC on the 28th.

On August 2, I opened a Paypal case, stating that I would close the case as soon as I got a response, because that's all I wanted. I was hoping that the case would at least get a response out of him. I know it might have been premature, but I hadn't heard from him for 2 weeks at that point. No response still to this point. 

I will get a refund from Paypal on the 14th, since he still hasn't responded. 

I know he had to have gotten a message from me at some point, whether it be here, e-mail, or through the Paypal claim.

Maybe posting this will get a response out of him. I hoped that the records would just show up, but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. 

So when he gets back on here, beware buying from him.

so scummy to try and push for the buyer to get more records. crazydiamond who posted here all the time back in the day and had plenty of good references pulled that shit on me, try to be all chummy and "hook up" with some extra well priced LP's and then disappeared and boned me on the VC purchase and some shit I bought from him on ebay without realizing it was the same person. other than that though i've had countless awesome experiences on here over the years with trades/buys so that's a pretty good track record all things considered. 

I hope he can come up with some sort of reason behind all of this and stuff... I remember a few months back when I was going through some rough shit in my life, I stopped responding to people and in the end I made amends as best I could, but if he intentionally ripped off another member on here, that really sucks.  We'll see how he responds (if he does at all).