The Honorary Title - Anything Else But the Truth (ETR046)

• 2 weeks later...

i am shocked & delighted by how much interest this getting! I have been trying to get this done for 2 years & is finally in the final stages of artwork layout. I will post updates as things progress but the variants on this one are going to be awesome, one thing that we have never done before so I am really excited to see how they come out.

Dude I love your label. You put out such great stuff. From collaborations with brookvale on dream theater to acceptance and fairweather and now the honorary title. You have a customer for life in me.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude I love your label. You put out such great stuff. From collaborations with brookvale on dream theater to acceptance and fairweather and now the honorary title. You have a customer for life in me.

Thanks for the kind words sir

Here is another little preview    http://instagram.com/p/shx_1WCm0E/?modal=true

The layout came out so awesome for this one!  Jarrod is really stoked for the re-issue so we can only hope for a show or two sometime in 2015

Here is another little preview    http://instagram.com/p/shx_1WCm0E/?modal=true

The layout came out so awesome for this one!  Jarrod is really stoked for the re-issue so we can only hope for a show or two sometime in 2015

lookin sexy so far.  

shows would be sick!  I was at their last show.  so fucking good.

Here is another little preview http://instagram.com/p/shx_1WCm0E/?modal=true

The layout came out so awesome for this one! Jarrod is really stoked for the re-issue so we can only hope for a show or two sometime in 2015

Thanks for being an awesome label and putting out such quality stuff.

To me this album and band are much more than "nostalgia" or any of that bullshit that ETR may be accused of peddling. Seriously. This is just great music that needed and demanded to be on vinyl. I've been bugging Ross for trying to snag some other Doghouse releases (MEG & DIA) but honestly never thought I'd see this come to fruition. And I am beyond elated. 

I absolutely love this record but its a total nostalgia thing for me. I actually hit up Jarrod last year asking if he'd have any interest in a vinyl release and he wrote back with something like "yeah man let's talks soon!" or something, and I never followed up because it would pretty random release for us. I think this record has some filler and some crazy cringeworthy lyrics (you all know the line I'm talking about) but I still love it. I wish the follow up was half as good as this.

Will buy.

• 4 weeks later...

I never heard anything about that..which labels & what happened?

This was about 5 years ago. I remember reading about this, it was a pretty crazy debacle. Razorcake had a 2-part feature in their issues #53 (with RVIVR on the cover) and #54. Wish those articles were online, because they're super in-depth. But here's some rando coverage: LA WeeklyPunkNewsLambgoat.

Dirk from Doghouse ran Lumberjack Mordam, a distributor that closed it's doors in 2009. He started Lumberjack Distribution, which bought out Mordam Records in 2005.

Before the merger, Mordam distributed Jade Tree, Alternative Tentacles, Sympathy for The Record Industry (White Stripes being their big seller), Bomp!, GSL, Lookout!, and Kill Rock Stars. Mordam was sold out right to Lumberjack in 2005.

In addition to Doghouse, Lumberjack distributed labels like Deathwish, Ferret, Trustkill, Level Plane, Eulogy, at least before the merger. With the exception of Deathwish, a lot of those labels are shells of their former selves, in part to some of their own management problems. But losing a ton of money to their distributor probably didn't help.

They had lots of problems paying labels, and toward the end, a lot of labels left, abandoning stock if they couldn't get it back, never getting paid. I'm from San Diego originally, and I remember 31G getting an article about it here. That's early 2006. They had problems immediately after the merger paying labels.  Gold Standard Labs shuttered in 2007 partly because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of Doghouse releases. TGUK, Weatherbox, Limbeck, Say Anything, etc. And I'm glad ETR is re-issuing stuff, because it should be out there on that format. But reading about all of that just made me think twice whenever Doghouse would re-issue Four Minute Mile. Matt even mentioned on his podcast that they have to bug Dirk a lot to get royalties for that album.

But hey, licensing it out means less theoretical profit for Doghouse.

This was about 5 years ago. I remember reading about this, it was a pretty crazy debacle. Razorcake had a 2-part feature in their issues #53 (with RVIVR on the cover) and #54. Wish those articles were online, because they're super in-depth. But here's some rando coverage: LA Weekly, PunkNews, Lambgoat.

Dirk from Doghouse ran Lumberjack Mordam, a distributor that closed it's doors in 2009. He started Lumberjack Distribution, which bought out Mordam Records in 2005.

Before the merger, Mordam distributed Jade Tree, Alternative Tentacles, Sympathy for The Record Industry (White Stripes being their big seller), Bomp!, GSL, Lookout!, and Kill Rock Stars. Mordam was sold out right to Lumberjack in 2005.

In addition to Doghouse, Lumberjack distributed labels like Deathwish, Ferret, Trustkill, Level Plane, Eulogy, at least before the merger. With the exception of Deathwish, a lot of those labels are shells of their former selves, in part to some of their own management problems. But losing a ton of money to their distributor probably didn't help.

They had lots of problems paying labels, and toward the end, a lot of labels left, abandoning stock if they couldn't get it back, never getting paid. I'm from San Diego originally, and I remember 31G getting an article about it here. That's early 2006. They had problems immediately after the merger paying labels. Gold Standard Labs shuttered in 2007 partly because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of Doghouse releases. TGUK, Weatherbox, Limbeck, Say Anything, etc. And I'm glad ETR is re-issuing stuff, because it should be out there on that format. But reading about all of that just made me think twice whenever Doghouse would re-issue Four Minute Mile. Matt even mentioned on his podcast that they have to bug Dirk a lot to get royalties for that album.

But hey, licensing it out means less theoretical profit for Doghouse.

Wow thanks for this. It was an interesting read to say the least.

I already knew that. I was fishing for a date on purchasing and release but thank you

We generally do not do pre orders .... this release along with 2 others (assuming those test presses are approved) will go up together, most likely in late october or early november(no pun intended) but wont have a better idea of actual release dates for another few weeks. Thanks for your interest

Just found this thread. Super pumped about this release. 

I found out about this band in college while watching TV in the background and vaguely hearing "Everything I Once Had" being played live on some show, and just got sucked in. Immediately got the record and didn't stop listening for a long time. Simply great music. "Nostalgia" or not - this deserves a proper pressing and I've never had any issues with any ETR releases. Thanks for this.

• 1 month later...

The plant just contacted me about these and looks like they are pressed and going to be included on their record of the week blog this week!

Check out a preview below.  The release is 2xlp (the A/B side are black and white configurations, some with oxblood splatter) and then ALL of them have a C/D side of the Green which matches the snake on the EXPANDED artwork and back cover. This release also will have ALL the bonus tracks featuring on the cd/dvd re-issue.  I will post more pics and details once they arrive to our office, which should be sometime early next week and then they should be ON SALE late next week but as always, I will post updates and give a few days heads up once we set a definitive plan.

15717625921_de3749ccdf_o.jpg

Damn. That looks great!

So essentially three different variants?

4 actually....there is a black/white split with oxblood splatter also but they couldnt fit them all in one pic

Hot topic will have the Black/White Split as an exclusive which is out of 600 copies then ETR has the other 3 variants which will be out of 150, 150 and 100 (the white with black circles is /100).   I will post more pics and info once they arrive but that's the story for those interested

4 actually....there is a black/white split with oxblood splatter also but they couldnt fit them all in one pic

Hot topic will have the Black/White Split as an exclusive which is out of 600 copies then ETR has the other 3 variants which will be out of 150, 150 and 100 (the white with black circles is /100). I will post more pics and info once they arrive but that's the story for those interested

I need to make sure I don't sleep on this. Those numbers scare me a bit on exclusivness