Holy Grails/Best Finds at a Record Store!

The idea behind this thread is to post up the ultra rare stuff you stumble across while crate digging Who knows, if someone wants something that is posted in here, maybe you can work out a deal with OP about picking it up for you and doing an exchange via paypal, or you can just swing by here to see all the neat stuff we find. :)

Today I found myself at Easy Street Records in West Seattle. I normally hit this place up a few times a month and usually go home happy with whatever my purchase are. Today however, my mouth hit the floor when I looked up at the wall of "rare stuff" - It took every ounce of resistance and self reserve to keep my credit card tucked away in my wallet after seeing the following.......

(cut & pasted from another board) 

It seems like someone ditched their 90's collection because there is a bunch of original pressed items and some of them are still sealed!!! 

Nirvana - In Utero Sealed and Nevermind has the gold promo stamp on the rear. My mouth dropped when I saw these....I *really* want that Nevermind since I've never seen the gold promo stamped version before (and because I collect gold promo stamped LPs) = http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/104560-does-anyone-else-collect-gold-promo-stamped-lps/. (Not Pictured: Sealed OG press of the Mtv Unplugged performance - $75)

1000B21B-3CE8-4F5F-8098-AE1E5D2A6E18_zps

and now check out this sweet Soundgarden spread.....all original pressings......

E6F1C23C-7280-4AC0-A5C1-F5341BF1C221_zps

idk if it counts, but I used to work at a record store on the trade counter, and another employee on another shift bought in the first press of Pearl Jam-Ten for $1 in some big deal so I convinced my manager to sell it to me for $2. Most fun job ever *sigh* I miss it!

Edit: just remembered this one too...my gf worked for the same chain, different location near the Uni down here, and someone bought in a 1st press copy of Deja for $5....yes this chain is infamous for ripping people off or just being completely ignorant about vinyl trends...but only when paying out. She didn't get quite the same deal, but she ended up paying about $60 for it in the end. This was last year and completed our BN collection!

I don't think this is meant to be another "amazing record you found for cheap at one point in your life" thread but a "hey this is for sale at this store for XXX amount dollars if you want me to pick it up for you thread". 

Actually reading the first paragraph of the opening post would have explained that.

Not sure if this makes the thread any better or more original though.

I don't think this is meant to be another "amazing record you found for cheap at one point in your life" thread but a "hey this is for sale at .

in this case...my local store has a copy, last went in around a week ago, of the In Rainbows boxset without the CDs for $40, about half the going rate.

Not the best price but...my local record store has a sealed first press of Siamese Dream on orange. For 115 I think...

Scored the exact same thing at a record store during about the first month I got into vinyl.

$13.99, sealed. About flipped the fuck out when I opened it in the car.

Guest Secular Haze

The idea behind this thread is to post up the ultra rare stuff you stumble across while crate digging Who knows, if someone wants something that is posted in here, maybe you can work out a deal with OP about picking it up for you and doing an exchange via paypal, or you can just swing by here to see all the neat stuff we find. :)

whale_2012363b.jpg

whale_2012363b.jpg

Yeah...I don't think people are quite getting what this thread is for.

(Also, your signature is fucking killing me, dude. Good show.)

Maybe some people can post some hard to find stuff they're looking for in here, and if people have seen it at a good price locally they can let them know?

I'll take a peak around tomorrow and see if I can find anything neat that someone might be after. But I don't know what all anyone is looking for.