PO NOW: Ministry - Filth Pig - MOV limited edition Orange/Yellow LP

This album needed a repress.....original pressing go for around $50-60, even more if it has the hype sticker on the jacket. I agree that this is a cash grab, but this one I can get behind since this was their last great album. After FP, the band went downhill fast, even faster once Barker left. 

Also, what does AT have to do with anything? They dont have any access to Ministry material.....LARD yes, but no Ministry.

How much did you manage to get for your copy back then? 

I don't remember to tell you the truth, I don't think it was anything significant.  I think it was more than I paid for it, but not by a lot.  This was years before the vinyl resurgence we're seeing, I doubt demand was what it is now.

Oh the good old days....

What did you think of FIX? I honestly didn't know how much of a drugie Al was until I saw that film. After watching FIX, I ran out and purchased his "Lost Gospels....." book - WOW.....if you thought the film had crazy stories, the book beats it out 10 fold! I highly recommend it if you want the stories behind the albums (drug wise), it really puts the albums in a different light when you know how fucked up Al was during the various recording sessions. 

My favorite is still With Sympathy...

Oh mine too.....then "Land Of Rape And Honey" is a close second! If you check the torrents sites you can find the WS demos and unreleased songs that were transferred from a cassette tape a few months ago. 

This song is pretty awesome too......

What did you think of FIX? I honestly didn't know how much of a drugie Al was until I saw that film. After watching FIX, I ran out and purchased his "Lost Gospels....." book - WOW.....if you thought the film had crazy stories, the book beats it out 10 fold! I highly recommend it if you want the stories behind the albums (drug wise), it really puts the albums in a different light when you know how fucked up Al was during the various recording sessions. 

I really liked the documentary, had no idea there was a book though so I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

The only part of the documentary I really didn't like the interview w/ David Yow(I think that's who it was) while he was getting a root canal. It came off as self-serving and over the top to me like "oh wow, look how crazy I am, everyone look at me!" I thought it was kind of a dick move when doing an interview about someone else. Didn't make me enjoy the documentary any less, just made me dislike him.

I really liked the documentary, had no idea there was a book though so I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

The only part of the documentary I really didn't like the interview w/ David Yow(I think that's who it was) while he was getting a root canal. It came off as self-serving and over the top to me like "oh wow, look how crazy I am, everyone look at me!" I thought it was kind of a dick move when doing an interview about someone else. Didn't make me enjoy the documentary any less, just made me dislike him.

Oh dude, you NEED to get this book if you liked the documentary. http://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Lost-Gospels-According-Jourgensen-ebook/dp/B00CGNPPJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407697027&sr=8-1&keywords=al+jourgenson

My introduction to Ministry was the clip from this movie. I was like "that doesn't sound like Gwar" and had to watch the credits. Song fits the movie pretty well though.

This was my first intro to Ministry too! I can still remember watching Hardware (I think I was 8 or 9) and every time that scene came on I would rewind it and play it back a few times just so I could listen to that song. At this point I had no idea that the soundtrack was listed during the credits so I never figured out who the band was until High School. 

This was my first intro to Ministry too! I can still remember watching Hardware (I think I was 8 or 9) and every time that scene came on I would rewind it and play it back a few times just so I could listen to that song. At this point I had no idea that the soundtrack was listed during the credits so I never figured out who the band was until High School. 

That's awesome!

• 1 month later...