PO: Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway

Definitely ordering the Seattle cover since that's where I'll be living and that's where it all began. People are complaining about the short track length, and they haven't even heard it yet. Maybe this is their heaviest and most epic shit to date! I'm personally stoked on this release and hope it gets back to their roots and shows how they evolved over and years. I like the direction WL took them and only expect great things. I'm also interested to hear what each song sounds like when considered which corresponding city/state it was recorded in. I'm sure the mini series will dive into that. I'm just wondering if they have a specific amount of pressings or will do per order.

Technically it all began in DC for Dave.

I'm torn between Seattle and DC, those two happen to be the most important cities, and visually interesting covers.

...or ya know, he's been in two legendary rock bands (and countless other musical projects) and pretty much accomplished everything you possibly can with a rock band and thought to himself "Let's do something different this time..."

Dave Grohl really doesnt come off as someone who's into gimmicks. The hype would come with any Foo Fighters album no matter what.

Travis is right...Dave Grohl doesn't do gimmicks...no need...

8 songs and 44 minutes is a great length record. 

For all you youngsters...When AOR (album oriented rock) came about, it was normal for an LP to be 8-9 songs. The album experience is important and this translates well...Dave hasn't done me wrong yet...

And not led zeppelin presence ?

Zeppelin did it with In Through The Out Door too. they did it with the cover, front and back, of In Through The Out Door. The cover is the same for all copies of Presence but the obelisk is featured through all the pictures found on the cover, insinde thje gatefold, back of the jacket and inner sleeve

Zeppelin did it with In Through The Out Door too. they did it with the cover, front and back, of In Through The Out Door. The cover is the same for all copies of Presence but the obelisk is featured through all the pictures found on the cover, insinde thje gatefold, back of the jacket and inner sleeve

Aw shoot got the albums mixed up

Technically it all began in DC for Dave.

I'm torn between Seattle and DC, those two happen to be the most important cities, and visually interesting covers.

I guess that's true from him growing up in NOVA.

Seattle or DC?

BH8VOD0CEAAzeUP.jpg

I kind of want both since I grew up in VA/DC and am moving to Seattle. I'm in the same boat.

The band posted on facebook that if you order from Amazon, the cover you get will be random. Guess there's no version that has the full cover (at least not for the first pressing).

Imagine the headache Amazon will have. Jerkoffs ordering, not happy with the city they ordered and returning it over and over to try to get the correct city while all along you can just buy it direct from FF website.