PO: Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway

Oooh. I wonder what tickets will be like. SW always runs cheap flights from here to DC so I might grab some.

Even though I am Seattle now, my family is in Richmond, so I might go to this for the awesomeness and won't have to worry about getting a hotel. Plus I can chill with my Dad. Let's hope tickets aren't outrageous.

Hoping they announce full tour soon.

I'm sure the show at RFK will be awesome.  Living in NoVA I'm super tempted to go, but more often than not the heat at this time of year combined with the humidity can be unbearable for outdoor events.  Once the sun goes down it can offer some relief, but if the show starts early and goes through most of the day it could be pretty rough.

Floor Far right...so couldn't be further apart.

Guess there were just a ton of drunk idiots. The girl next to us pulled a Kevin Smith and insisted the whole row scoot down, despite the girl at the end already being up against one of those barriers. She and her bf were too large to fit in their end of the row seats. She got so drunk she bailed about an hour and 15 min into the show, which as you know, was short of the halfway mark. 

On to more positive things, the show was incredible, it was my first show at the Ryman. One of the better sounding rooms I've ever had the privilege to catch a band in. 

Just got done listening to the whole album for the first time, very different than their more recent output. There's definitely classic Foos in there, but the songs overall have a different feel to them, most likely a direct result of how they recorded it. 

I like it though, excited to hear it on vinyl.

Edit: Also, get ready for some real "dad rock" on this week's episode.