PO Now - Bedhead - 1992/1998 5LP box (Numero Group)

Goddamn Numero is fucking with me these last few years! I already have all the box sets and they keep repressing these color variants! 

I’m pretty sure Derek and I have discussed actual jackets versus something like the Unwound box set jackets, and whether to have multiple copies because of that. But I’m thinking about buying all these color variants and trading everything out of the box sets for these. Assuming jackets and everything else are the same as the box set copies.

This thinking is a little late though, I should’ve started with the Duster color pressings(Tri color, etc.). I think those were the first standalone color represses of all the 200 releases. 

3 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Goddamn Numero is fucking with me these last few years! I already have all the box sets and they keep repressing these color variants! 

I’m pretty sure Derek and I have discussed actual jackets versus something like the Unwound box set jackets, and whether to have multiple copies because of that. But I’m thinking about buying all these color variants and trading everything out of the box sets for these. Assuming jackets and everything else are the same as the box set copies.

This thinking is a little late though, I should’ve started with the Duster color pressings(Tri color, etc.). I think those were the first standalone color represses of all the 200 releases. 

These next few years are going to put such a dent in my wallet via Numero:

-the rest of the Karate discog

-Chisel LP (Ted Leo band)

-Rex reissues

-The Hated reissues

-just speculating but I bet they’ll be doing the Idaho boxset as well 

1 minute ago, prowl20 said:

These next few years are going to put such a dent in my wallet via Numero:

-the rest of the Karate discog

-Chisel LP (Ted Leo band)

-Rex reissues

-The Hated reissues

-just speculating but I bet they’ll be doing the Idaho boxset as well 

Outside of the Karate stuff, are all these confirmed?

Chisel I can see having a box set, maaaaayyybe Rex, but everything else, I see as stand alone releases. Not too bad.

But the Idaho stuff, I thought there was talks of someone else doing that? Or am I just drunk? I’m always drunk it doesn’t matter.

I'm still pining for individual Unwound variants, for the remaining albums.  Especially New Plastic Ideas.  But yeah, hyped on Rex and more Karate quite a bit, too.

11 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yeah, I was chatting about this just the other day.  Notably how dumb it is – this disease – to be perfectly content with a boxset, but still desire a limited colored variant.  You are right; Unwound reissues are more than fair game since the comp boxes use exclusive jackets.  But for something like Bedhead? – it's so excessive but I'm actually not opposed to doing exactly what you described.  Rebuilding the boxsets from the ground up with colored editions, so long as they sound as good or better.  I know that jeopardizes "the integrity" of the box's original setup, but I have no plans to re-sell any of this stuff, and it's for my own enjoyment... so why not?  I'd do it for Bedhead and Codeine especially.  Duster, though, I'm already a big fan of the aesthetic of that Capsule box.  There's no way I could sell off those clear / smoke copies for cheap, whereas I'd be comfortable doing that with black Codeine or Bedhead LPs from the box.  Just my 2¢ anyway.

I don't see any problem swapping discs to build what you want as long as the buyer of whatever you are getting rid of knows what they are getting into. I've often thought about doing the same thing for somewhat opposite reasons (wanting black vinyl discs in my boxset, instead of whatever color variant they originally came with).

8 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Outside of the Karate stuff, are all these confirmed?

Chisel I can see having a box set, maaaaayyybe Rex, but everything else, I see as stand alone releases. Not too bad.

But the Idaho stuff, I thought there was talks of someone else doing that? Or am I just drunk? I’m always drunk it doesn’t matter.

The Hated, Chisel, and Rex are.

I don’t know which Rex LPs are getting pressed. Numero wasn’t specific.

Chisel’s second LP (Set You Free) is getting repressed with some extra goodies.

I’d imagine the rest of the Karate LPs will slowly be released. I’ll probably stop at Unsolved though. 

They’ve announced they’re going to be repressing The Hated catalogue but didn’t get into specifics (I’m hoping for that super long awaited boxset Troubleman was supposedly supposed to do years ago haha)

Idaho is just speculation but the band announced they’re doing a 4 LP boxset containing the first three records. Since Numero has done / is doing a bunch of slowcore stuff I’m hoping it gets the Numero touch. 

most of the above news was direct from the Numero IG

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

I've often thought about doing the same thing for somewhat opposite reasons (wanting black vinyl discs in my boxset, instead of whatever color variant they originally came with).

Just being nosey here, but what boxsets were you considering swapping to black?  I’m genuinely curious.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Rebuilding the boxsets from the ground up with colored editions, so long as they sound as good or better.  I know that jeopardizes "the integrity" of the box's original setup, but I have no plans to re-sell any of this stuff, and it's for my own enjoyment... so why not?  I'd do it for Bedhead and Codeine especially.  Duster, though, I'm already a big fan of the aesthetic of that Capsule box.  There's no way I could sell off those clear / smoke copies for cheap, 

I wish I had gotten on the Unwound train, which is where the conversation started, last year, and picked up the first colors represses. 

But yeah, I’m a fucking fool and not only would like to have a collection of awesome records, I like, but I would like them to look “cool” too. Rebuilding the box sets is perfectly fine, and feel the same as you. As long as jackets are identical, because the Bedhead and Codeine boxes are prime! 

I’ve just had trouble keeping up with everything and just not having enough cash to buy the color variants while other shit is popping up that’s more “pressing”. Definitely gonna kick myself when I try and get everything in the next year and it’s all $50-$75 each 🤦‍♀️

As for the Duster box, I slept in that day and fucked up! If I had the clear/smoke version, there’d be no reason for any other dabbling.

A Seam box has been on my wishlist since the Codeine box. I was hoping for Bedhead and Duster ones for years and they did those, so here’s hoping they do more Seam. I have the repress of the first album and 7” they did recently but really really want the other albums repressed too.

100%, a Seam box would be the dream.  I’ll gladly take these individual reissues as a consolation prize at least.  I sure hope the others are on the docket too.

@MyEnemy: which Unwound were you too late to?  CFACS or something?  Because there really aren’t that many colored reissues (yet).  What’s more, I don’t think any of them command $40+ on the aftermarket, either.  Hate to say it but it feels like very few people give a shit about Numero bands outside of Duster and some box sets.  That’s the impression I get, anyway.  I think it’ll be a long time before you see any Unwound variants balloon in price… which is surprising when you consider that their cult following and the size of Numero’s runs.  I do know what you mean about prioritizing, though.  It’s tough for me to feel any sense of urgency to drop $30 on a colored variation of something I already own.

52 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just being nosey here, but what boxsets were you considering swapping to black?  I’m genuinely curious.

Mostly just the Mogwai deluxe boxes, but the colorways ended up being tame (single colors) and there were no audio issues, so I didn't bother.

I have considered it with the Bad Astronaut box. I'm not a fan of sploogy color-in-color or marble discs. For Bad Astronaut though, I can live with it.

13 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

For those of you that bought the Bedhead from the numero site…do they still provide you with downloads?  

Not a physical card, but they usually email you a code. They at least did that for Karate's "The Bed Is In The Ocean." Can't remember if they did that for the earlier two Karate LPs or the Seam LP but I remember they did that for the Seam 7"

Edited by prowl20

19 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Not a physical card, but they usually email you a code. They at least did that for Karate's "The Bed Is In The Ocean." Can't remember if they did that for the earlier two Karate LPs or the Seam LP but I remember they did that for the Seam 7"

Cool.  I usually just wait until they put stuff up on Bandcamp but I noticed they still haven’t for these yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...