PO: Finch - Back To Oblivion

Could be the fact that the cheapest option is $30.17ppd, that's for a single LP and a CD that I'm sure most people here would pass on if it lowered the cost.

Vote with your dollars, if people stop buying "bundles" like this then they'll stop selling them. I for one am very excited about this new record, however I will only be purchasing it digitally if $30.17 is the entry cost for the physical iteration. You could go to a local show, buy a touring band's LP, and a premium cocktail for that price.

Yeah a $30.17 "bundle" which is the cheapest option to get the record is ridiculous. I don't see any reason that there shouldn't be  a $15-17 option. Also and honestly the reality is it is barely a "bundle" because most labels just throw in a download code or CD free of charge.

Yeah a $30.17 "bundle" which is the cheapest option to get the record is ridiculous. I don't see any reason that there shouldn't be  a $15-17 option. Also and honestly the reality is it is barely a "bundle" because most labels just throw in a download code or CD free of charge.

Exactly. Must also suck for kids who only want the CD, although I imagine they'll just get it from iTunes instead. No love for us vinyl enthusiasts, that bubble has people thinking we're all willing to pay whatever they ask. Buttmetal fans jumping into The Hobby™ might fall for that crap, obviously most of us who would even be interested in buying a new Finch record in 2014 know better.

production on that new song sounds paper thin to me. meh.

To be fair it's just a stream, it's not necessarily going to be the highest quality.

------------------------

Sorry for being salty, I'm just sick of every single release in 2014 being near $30 or more shipped. It was one thing when this mostly applied to early 2000 represses, now music/vinyl fans can't even afford to take a chance on a record without refinancing their car or home. It feels like that gross CD inflation on a smaller, more personal scale.

Thanks for the feedback.  Vinyl-only and CD-only items will go up for purchase on Tuesday 8/19 (the same day that the digital pre-order goes up.)

It feels like that gross CD inflation on a smaller, more personal scale.

Bingo.  I was filling through some records yesterday and this was a comment my brother made to me.  Almost like the how it was to buy a CD as Media Play/Circuit City back in the day before Napster changed everything.

• 1 month later...

Listening now, to me it seems like a big departure of the franticness of WIITB and SHTS. I'm getting a big Deftones vibe from a few of the songs. I like the two singles more now seeing where they fit in with the album and lastly listen to the title track (Back to Oblivion) first, it feels like a great "nice to hear from you again" track. I'm only about 1 listen though but I really like it. 

Buttmetal fans jumping into The Hobby™ might fall for that crap, obviously most of us who would even be interested in buying a new Finch record in 2014 know better.

100% disagree.

The Revival™ is the new Hobby™

100% agree.

2 cents.

Listening now, to me it seems like a big departure of the franticness of WIITB and SHTS. I'm getting a big Deftones vibe from a few of the songs. I like the two singles more now seeing where they fit in with the album and lastly listen to the title track (Back to Oblivion) first, it feels like a great "nice to hear from you again" track. I'm only about 1 listen though but I really like it. 

Is this streaming somewhere?

There is an article and SoundCloud stream over at RedBull Music:

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/music/stories/1331680838519/finch-back-to-oblivion-premiere-and-interview

Listening to it, there are some songs that, to me, remind me of the Deftones. Kind of funny it was produced by Brian Virtue that has produced Deftones also. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...