PO: This Town Needs Guns - This Town Needs Guns

We get it, you guys didn't order it because it was too pricey or you didn't know about it. But for those of us who did order it, especially in the US, we are all anxious about receiving it and seeing this thread bumped with a quote of "me too" is a bummer and a bit unnecessary. I'm sure not everyone will want to keep their copy and once its actually in peoples hands for a while and they've had chances to spin it there will be discogs listings and threads popping up aplenty

So here we are. Arrived safely, came shrink wrapped.

Package:

The sleeve looks great, though the card is thin, but sturdy enough. The vinyl is stunning, as was evident earlier, and not so evident with my low-light poor photography. No liner notes, just a download code. 

Audio and manufacture:

Having just listened, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the sound, it sounded great. I'm hearing all the detail, whether it be on the louder parts of '26isdancier' and 'rufus', or the more soulful 'japanese ultraviolence' I'm hearing crisp guitars and great range. Trackwise, '1470 Man' and 'Want To Come Back...  Belle and Seb' are switched around, at least to what I'm used to.

Manufacturer is XVinylX from Prague, Czech Republic, I have no experience of them, anyone have any comments?

Worth it?:

I imagine when you guys and girls in the US open this package you may feel a bit cheated as you don't get much 'tangible' for your money (for me it was a bargain btw ^^), but one spin of this record will soon cheer you up, I guarantee you.

2z9cha9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today. Corners of package were all bent, and I'm bummed that it bent two of the four corners of the cover, one with an actual crease in it, but it could have been worse. Thankful that the record is in good shape and plays well. So incredibly happy to be able to spin this album. 

Mine arrived today. Corners of package were all bent, and I'm bummed that it bent two of the four corners of the cover, one with an actual crease in it, but it could have been worse. Thankful that the record is in good shape and plays well. So incredibly happy to be able to spin this album.

Yeah, those euro "LP mailers" certainly leave a lot to be desired in regards to safety in transit. I've pretty much come to expect these damages when I am ordering from overseas.

• 3 weeks later...