"Supergroups"

I kinda hate the term supergroup. I mean, I suppose it's just successful musicians that start a new band. Most supergroups, it seems, only put out one album. I feel like once they make a more successful career and put out a second record and are around for more than a couple years, they're a band just like any other band.

For instance, when The Dead Weather first released a record, they were considered a "supergroup". But now that they've done several tours and are putting out a third record, they're just a great band to me. 

Zwan was my favorite short-lived "supergroup".

I kinda hate the term supergroup. I mean, I suppose it's just successful musicians that start a new band. Most supergroups, it seems, only put out one album. I feel like once they make a more successful career and put out a second record and are around for more than a couple years, they're a band just like any other band.

For instance, when The Dead Weather first released a record, they were considered a "supergroup". But now that they've done several tours and are putting out a third record, they're just a great band to me.

I find the term somewhat awkward as well. But its easiest thing to call them. I originally meant it as band members that have friends in other bands that team up to release an album, usually quite different than what any of their bands have released music wise. Didnt even consider the musicians that make it their main group.

Totally agree which does make the term pretty awkward to throw around. A few of my favorites are "supergroups" though.

Angels & Airwaves

Boxcar Racer

Antemasque

The Sound of Animals Fighting

United Nations