Indiegogo: Haste the Day New Album

tlr

As is the case with all things in life: if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right! So we spent a lot of time determining the best way to make our 6th full-length studio album. Who would write, who would perform, how would we involve all members of the band in the project in one way or another? You see, we are all friends & brothers and so we wanted to give all the guys an opportunity to participate in one way or another. At the same time, we want to make the best album we can, one that would thrill fans of all eras of Haste the Day. So, here's the scoop:  Stephen, Jimmy, Brennan, Scotty, Mike, Giuseppe will be the core writers for the new album, which has yet to be named. Dave will be providing additional writing input as well as helping with guitars and guitar tone during the recording process. Stephen will be producing the album, which we will record in Nashville, Tennessee.

In addition, The Burning Bridges era of Haste the Day will also be writing and performing one song for the new album. For those of you not familiar with that album or the lineup that made it, Jimmy, Jason, Mike, Brennan, and Devin will be writing and recording the song for the album. 

We have already begun writing the album and we will begin recording the album in January of 2015. Expect lots of video updates along the way. For all of our backers, expect to get glimpses of the new music as we demo the songs and prepare for the recording process.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/haste-the-day-new-album/x/3420689#home

$55ppd for the new album on vinyl signed by the band.

I jammed Haste the Day quite a bit back then. But sorry. Not for $50. Want my money though? Release Wolf King on vinyl. Or anything from the back catalog for that matter.

I'd love to own their back catalog as well. But, as has been mentioned numerous times before all over these boards about past Solid State releases, they're not going to be put to vinyl after Solid State sold their entire back catalog except ABR and Demon Hunter to Capitol Records. If you want a full HTD album on vinyl, this is your best chance. I agree that price sucks, but it's not like the extra money is going to a label or something for "administrative" costs, it's going directly to the band to make a new album. I'm ok with that.

I understand what everyone is saying. I just look at it as I'm giving the band money and they're giving me something in return as a bonus. It's not like shop radio cast charging me $30 for a repress that someone already made. We're literally giving a band a sum of money to go and make the album that won't exist without the start up capital. I like the band and would give them a sum of money to see a new album even if I got nothing in return because I love the band and everything they've put out and would rather see something new from them then nothing at all. I don't know. I get it though. $50 is a tough pill to swallow especially if you only nominally like the band. I don't know. This is the 4th or 5th one of these projects I've supported. Like the RX Bandits for example, I could've gotten the vinyl for $20+ after the album was made, but I paid the $40 for the pledge thingy to know I was a part of actually a part of the album even bring made in the first place. I'm just rambling. It's a lot of money. I get it. They're already over $25k so they're fans obviously don't mind paying for the stuff.

• 8 months later...

I understand what everyone is saying. I just look at it as I'm giving the band money and they're giving me something in return as a bonus. It's not like shop radio cast charging me $30 for a repress that someone already made. We're literally giving a band a sum of money to go and make the album that won't exist without the start up capital. I like the band and would give them a sum of money to see a new album even if I got nothing in return because I love the band and everything they've put out and would rather see something new from them then nothing at all. I don't know. I get it though. $50 is a tough pill to swallow especially if you only nominally like the band. I don't know. This is the 4th or 5th one of these projects I've supported. Like the RX Bandits for example, I could've gotten the vinyl for $20+ after the album was made, but I paid the $40 for the pledge thingy to know I was a part of actually a part of the album even bring made in the first place. I'm just rambling. It's a lot of money. I get it. They're already over $25k so they're fans obviously don't mind paying for the stuff.

You're wasting your time, people on this board love to shit on bands who have the nerve to try and make money. This happens whenever an album is crowdfunded, even though the basic idea is to put money directly into the pockets of creators and artists, because it is an imperfect system they come out of the woodwork to shit all over it. Because even though this board is practically the functional definition of consumerism, for some reason people here look at the idea of the very people who make the things they love living comfortably and it brings bile to the tips of their throats. I call it being, "aggressively retarded."

• 3 weeks later...