What do you regret not purchasing?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain
brand new - your favorite weapon lp

mused over it at interpunk when it first came out until it sold out, I could've afforded it too.

I was JUST about to post this.

- Jeff

As a college student at the University of Illinois in the late 90's I got to see Alkaline Trio play in several garages and homes in front of as few as 10 people. I could have bought several copies of the Sundials, For your Lungs Only, I lied my face off, G**dammit, and Maybe I'll catch fire records for less than $10 each. Regretfully, I just wasn't that into collecting vinyl at that time. I would love to round out my collection with all of these records, but the cost has become ridiculous. Yes, I do kick myself at least once a day.

Today at work we were having that "what would you do if you had a time machine" discussion that people have sometimes, when they have to work with the same bunch of boring jackoffs with nothing terribly interesting to say for themselves.

I mostly told them I'd go back and buy all the records I missed out on and now can't afford. They called me a nerd. Beats all their answers, though.

Nirvana - Love Buzz 7"

Guy had two of them and wanted $30 each. They weren't bootlegs because it was just as Nirvana broke out of the underground. I had it in my hands! And it's not like I passed on buying it, I only had $20 to my name because I was only about 15 years old. So I bought Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" 12" pic disc instead although the Nirvana record was my first choice. Thanks for making me re-live that. :'( :'( :'( :'(

There's a ton I regret not getting, and there's a ton I regret selling off in the past during one of my "I'm not into [insert band name here] anymore]" phases. I guess my one big regret was missing out on a stack of hardcore records a buddy of mine was getting rid of more than 10 years ago...Unbroken, Integrity, etc...a ton of good stuff. I think he ended up getting rid of them for dirt cheap, I just wasn't interested at the time. I also regret never picking you a copy of the Op Ivy Energy LP. You can get it for a pretty fair price, but there were dozens of times i was in a store and had i in my hands to buy and didn't for one reason or another.

I guess eBay is a blessing and a curse for all that "coulda, woulda, shoulda" stuff. You can get pretty much anything you ever missed out on, but you have to pay the price.

There's a ton I regret not getting, and there's a ton I regret selling off in the past during one of my "I'm not into [insert band name here] anymore]" phases. I guess my one big regret was missing out on a stack of hardcore records a buddy of mine was getting rid of more than 10 years ago...Unbroken, Integrity, etc...a ton of good stuff. I think he ended up getting rid of them for dirt cheap, I just wasn't interested at the time. I also regret never picking you a copy of the Op Ivy Energy LP. You can get it for a pretty fair price, but there were dozens of times i was in a store and had i in my hands to buy and didn't for one reason or another.

I guess eBay is a blessing and a curse for all that "coulda, woulda, shoulda" stuff. You can get pretty much anything you ever missed out on, but you have to pay the price.

I agree with about getting rid of things, but then again I'm getting rid of a lot of my things now. The op ivy energy LP was one that I kept from that huge stack that I gave you. sorry.

many items that i didn't take fast action for purchase 'em.

but i never regret because i think we always see the awesome stuffs will release every weeks.

in otherverse,i ever think i should buy this item before that ones but the ones that i bought still in stock but some that i decided to purchase after that sold out.

take it easy and enjoy to collect the available vinyl while you can.

The Loved Ones - S/T 10" (red/green splatter)

blink-182 - Lemmings (yellow)

NOFX - War On Errorism (white)

the important thing is you at least picked up the loved ones keep your heart on grey. i discovered the loved ones when i picked that album up on cd. by then they were sold out. since you don't have the set your probably want to sell me your keep your heart?