My band The Science Involved is just nearing the completion of our new full length we've decided to call "The Tenderloin." We are basing the album heavily on corruption in society and all the different forms of such, whether it be in law enforcement, your job, your home, your relationships etc..I just wanted to get some potential feedback and see what people think of how it is sounding so far, so here is a studio update we made last week with just drums and guitars and some teaser tracks of the new sound, it's about 16 minutes long so you don't have to watch it all necessarily but let me know what you think, and if you really like it hit us up with a like or comment, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/TheScienceInvolved?ref=hl

http://instagram.com/thescienceinvolved

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSGBr3t_8ZXEVQjdE9035QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to5wKxM_yLA

• 4 weeks later...

My 4 cents. Lyrically, from your description of things is fine. Style wise, didn't this kind of music fall to the wayside years and years ago? Keep doin what your doin if you please but sonically, not for me. I couldn't make it 30 seconds into it. When I think of a description like yours I think of punk. This is metalcore.

Not many people will take politics with this. Also. You left out autotune.

You asked for feedback. There it is.

My 4 cents. Lyrically, from your description of things is fine. Style wise, didn't this kind of music fall to the wayside years and years ago? Keep doin what your doin if you please but sonically, not for me. I couldn't make it 30 seconds into it. When I think of a description like yours I think of punk. This is metalcore.

Not many people will take politics with this. Also. You left out autotune.

You asked for feedback. There it is.

First off thanks man some feedback is better than none! Next hardcore music is definitely not dying out, it is becoming stale that is fer sure but that just means it needs to be rejuvenated and done in a more well thought out fashion. metalcore isn't exactly correct either but that description shows that you don't listen to much music in this particular genre which is fine, and the politics aspect will only be around in a couple songs, and it is well thought out, cold war/civil rights era inspired lyrics that will be used to inspire continued growth and freedom in modern America, not political stuff like you've heard before.. Lastly we use no auto tune for our vocals lol their is minimal use of pitch correct just to maintain the best recording quality we can but definitely no auto tune similar to bands like Attack Attack! Thanks again for the feedback though! Now more people, lets hear it! (: honest opinions good/bad/ugly

asks for feedback. gets it. says it's wrong. lulz were had by all.

I would say correct feedback at that. This sounds like those bands that used to play Warped Tour and were signed to Victory records or other similar labels who got sucked into the whole "metalcore" thing. A Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember, Haste The Day, parts of Chiodos, later bad From Autumn To Ashes, etc....not sure if any of those bands are still around, but I would argue that most of their fanbase and the current population have found vastly different things to listen to at this point.

But you do you.

Our main inspiration musically are bands that are somewhat older such as Underoath and Parkway Drive but they definitely still have a huge fanbase, other bands were inspired by such as Dance Gavin Dance, Upon a Burning Body, Issues, Hands like Houses, and many others are all still going hard! On top of that our music doesn't exactly sound the same as any of the bands I've mentioned up above meaning we are pioneering our own sound, which I would assume is good? Also, I'm not straight saying anyones feedback is wrong, just hearing your side and telling you our reasoning behind what we do and why we do it, and if we don't do something someone claims we do (such as use autotune) then I will dismiss that as a false statement.. Thank you as well though for your opinion Mr. Burns! Anyone else!? (: Check us out! 

By the way, saying our music sounds like music from a genre that is dying out isn't the feedback I'm looking for exactly.. tell me something about our actual music itself (the structure, lyrics, vocals, riffs, drums) not just the genre we are going for.. if bands are still trying to play 80's hair metal music I think we are beyond good on our genre choice 

Sick thanks man! Luckily we are putting a lot more time into the lyric writing of our next album! (: Do you happen to be in a band of your own with a few songs with more in depth lyrics that I could listen to so I can craft a better idea in my own mind of the immensity of the lyrical ocean? Thanks for the input! 

Sick thanks man! Luckily we are putting a lot more time into the lyric writing of our next album! (: Do you happen to be in a band of your own with a few songs with more in depth lyrics that I could listen to so I can craft a better idea in my own mind of the immensity of the lyrical ocean? Thanks for the input! 

you also said your band was a hardcore band. false. you said i didnt listen to music in this particular genre. correct. for one reason, its DEAD. your only listeners have a demographic of ages 14-22. I'm not in high school anymore.

i do listen to (good) hardcore, and that is what your band isn't. It's metal/mall/crab/insert more here at best  if you want lyrical content to fall back on, use a band like With Honor, when Hardcore meant something or Ignite...or even better, find a better band that's relevant and game changing and not rehashing the same old literal shit that nobody cares about.

My band es not hardcore? :( I sure thought it was hardcore.. but your all knowing opinion proves otherwise :/ haha if anything we are post-hardcore, and the fact that you grew out of the genre means it is dead? I must have forgot that the world revolves around what you like and dislike.. On a different note that With Honor band sounded alright, definitely more of a punk/hardcore sound, an older branch on the same evolutionary tree that led to bands like mine and many others today. It definitely shows the era of "hardcore" music that you have been subjected to and influenced by however if we sounded like that band today we would be beyond generic, whereas we actually have a very unique sound and message to offer. All the bands we look up to give us inspiration and of course influence our song writing process, but there isn't a single one that we aim to copy or resemble. We are The Science Involved, we sound like The Science Involved, and we aims to keep it that way (; 

The giveaway for most bands with bad lyrics is that every line has the word "you" or "I" in it. People who can't write creative songs fall back to some kind of fake psuedoconversation that they are having with an ex or someone they hate. Great writers tell stories and paint pictures with lyrics, which although they also use simple pronouns (obviously), they don't rely on them as a crutch.

I could give plenty of examples if that wasn't clear.

The giveaway for most bands with bad lyrics is that every line has the word "you" or "I" in it. People who can't write creative songs fall back to some kind of fake psuedoconversation that they are having with an ex or someone they hate. Great writers tell stories and paint pictures with lyrics, which although they also use simple pronouns (obviously), they don't rely on them as a crutch.

I could give plenty of examples if that wasn't clear.

I feel you and that makes sense! On this next album we are really gonna try not to over use words our have too many "crutch" words, Our vocalist is very good at projecting and putting off the feeling of the intended words, he just doesn't write all his own lyrics so come recording time we all have to get together and piece the vocals together in the best way we can collectively decide upon. I am confident though that the lyrical content and overall instrumentation of this next album will put last years ep to shame. With that said I do still believe "Void" was a step in the right direction for us! Thanks for the input! 

I must have forgot that the world revolves around what you like and dislike

I thought you were asking for opinions. Why would you ask if you're gonna throw a tantrum at the answer you get?

we are pioneering our own sound

Hoooo boy. jesus. What is that even supposed to mean

I thought you were asking for opinions. Why would you ask if you're gonna throw a tantrum at the answer you get?

As far as that went it was just the second time that guy tried to say some negative stuff with nothing to back it other than his own personal feelings, I would like feedback yes, but unbiased, constructive feedback. "Not I don't like this cause that genre is dead and I out grew it blah." Ya know what I mean? I was a little douche-y though and I didn't mean to be. My bad Incorporeal. And pioneering our own sound as in trying to gather all of our collective influences and create anew rather than imitate? 

And thanks Bruce Willis, I guess we could be considered metalcore just less "metal" and more "core" :P haha just kidding, but our full length is gonna vary on sound a lot more. 

And Rick and Morty is my shit, can't wait for season 2! Or the much less likely vinyl soundtrack.. 

This is where i cant tell if youre being serious.

I know this dude outside of the boards, he's genuinely asking because they want to make their band better. No shame in trying to improve your band and asking for constructive criticism, I sure as hell wouldn't have asked VC though ;)

I know this dude outside of the boards, he's genuinely asking because they want to make their band better. No shame in trying to improve your band and asking for constructive criticism, I sure as hell wouldn't have asked VC though ;)

Yea probably not the best idea on my part, but VC is the only online boards I mess with at all and I figured hey, any promo is good promo haha even if it's just one person that sees this thread and likes what we're doing. JD is pretty much living with me btw haha we are about to start an acoustic side project called "The Hurt" with him as lead guitar and me doing rhythm and vocals lmao   

k. its hard for me to get a read on newer folks.

there is no shame, many have done it. i just couldnt tell

And I was being serious, I may have gotten a bit over sarcastic but I didn't mean anything bad by it, I'm open to your advice and feedback, just hoping people are seeing our band for the amount of work that has seriously been put into it, and not as something to point their fingers at and degrade, without actual knowledge or reason, for some kind of personal ego boost, ya know? 

Yea probably not the best idea on my part, but VC is the only online boards I mess with at all and I figured hey, any promo is good promo haha even if it's just one person that sees this thread and likes what we're doing. JD is pretty much living with me btw haha we are about to start an acoustic side project called "The Hurt" with him as lead guitar and me doing rhythm and vocals lmao

I was half joking lol. I think you guys are good at what you do, it just may not mesh with what's popular here. Just keep doing what you're doing, you guys work a lot harder then most bands in the area. That's good JD has a preoccupation and roof over his head. I see he's resurfaced online. I still have a lot of love for that kid, but my family comes first and I can't have him acting like a fool around my girls. Gnome sane?

I was half joking lol. I think you guys are good at what you do, it just may not mesh with what's popular here. Just keep doing what you're doing, you guys work a lot harder then most bands in the area. That's good JD has a preoccupation and roof over his head. I see he's resurfaced online. I still have a lot of love for that kid, but my family comes first and I can't have him acting like a fool around my girls. Gnome sane?

I definitely feel ya man 100% haha people over here sometimes get overwhelmed by him too and if I had a family like that I'm sure I'd be thinking about it the same way. I just wish he was easier to talk with in some aspects so I could hear more about your guys tour days and shit. Any which way I can't wait to finish these recordings with Danny, Have you checked out that first vid with the drums and guitars?