what shoes do YOU wear?

i have 5 pairs of vans authentics in my rotation right now (purple, green, navy, grey, teal).

clarks desert boots and sperrys topsiders are staples.

as for my current nike game, i have a pair of 3.0's, 2 5.0's, and an old pair of pegasus that i recently pulled out of retirement.

i have 5 pairs of vans authentics in my rotation right now (purple, green, navy, grey, teal).

clarks desert boots and sperrys topsiders are staples.

as for my current nike game, i have a pair of 3.0's, 2 5.0's, and an old pair of pegasus that i recently pulled out of retirement.

I only ever have 1 Pair of wear around sneakers and a pair of running shoes anymore as far sneakers go.. I'm all about dress shoes, boots, etc. though. All this to say, Clarks desert boots. Excellent.

the last few years, i pretty much limited myself to 1 pair of nikes to do all of my running around in. this winter i bought a new pair to replace last year's.. but kept last year's. and then the new ones never quite broke in the way i wanted them to, so i bought the 3.0's. but the middle pair was just too damn nice not to keep around, and i actually found them pretty comfortable wearing them out a few days ago.

same for the pegasus. they're kind of a crazy color-way, which i'd gotten away from for a while. but they're still in fantastic shape, and are comfortable as all hell. pretty sure they're gonna be my "welcome to the city" kicks.

as far as dress shoes, i have these grey suede oxfords from banana republic. i also have a pair of light brown penguin oxfords that i love very much. recently replaced their original red laces with light tan, it's like having a brand new pair.

soon enough, i'm going to need black dress shoes. which has been a struggle, because i genuinely hate black leather dress shoes. i find them all completely unoriginal and uninspired. but i do have my eye on these.

all this to say, clarks desert boots. excellent.

Too many pairs to list! But mostly Nike and a pair each of Red Wing, Puma and Vans.

At the moment i'm busting out the Nike Air Tech Challenge 2, Nike flykit free run 4, nike ACG trainerendor and the ol' classic vans old skools. I've got a problem when it comes to shoes, i cannot help myself.

Bought a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers today so that's my answer and will be for the next few years before I can afford shoes again haha.

I went to buy a pair of Brogue Rangers, only to find out that they are discontinued.  They are coming out with a replacement for them in November, so I guess I'll probably grab some then.

saucony-jazz-vegan-51.jpg

Saucony Vegan Jazz.  I get the ones on the right, think I'm on my fourth or fifth pair.  They're not too expensive and they might be the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.  I walk a lot and they seem to hold up pretty well too.

I have a pair of Macbeths too, but they were really painful to wear until they became broken in.

Saucony Vegan Jazz.  I get the ones on the right, think I'm on my fourth or fifth pair.  They're not too expensive and they might be the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.  I walk a lot and they seem to hold up pretty well too.

That's what I'm saying.

I bought a pair for a trip to Disney since I'd be walking a shit ton every day and fell in love with them.

I want to pick up a pair of the vegan bullets for fashions sake but I don't know if they are as comfortable?

the last few years, i pretty much limited myself to 1 pair of nikes to do all of my running around in. this winter i bought a new pair to replace last year's.. but kept last year's. and then the new ones never quite broke in the way i wanted them to, so i bought the 3.0's. but the middle pair was just too damn nice not to keep around, and i actually found them pretty comfortable wearing them out a few days ago.

same for the pegasus. they're kind of a crazy color-way, which i'd gotten away from for a while. but they're still in fantastic shape, and are comfortable as all hell. pretty sure they're gonna be my "welcome to the city" kicks.

as far as dress shoes, i have these grey suede oxfords from banana republic. i also have a pair of light brown penguin oxfords that i love very much. recently replaced their original red laces with light tan, it's like having a brand new pair.

soon enough, i'm going to need black dress shoes. which has been a struggle, because i genuinely hate black leather dress shoes. i find them all completely unoriginal and uninspired. but i do have my eye on these.

all this to say, clarks desert boots. excellent.

Before you get those, here is my suggestion on buying dress shoes.

Go someplace that sells nice dress shoes and get fitted specifically for them, number size and width. I wear different size dress and casual shoes, because they're comfortable at different sizes for me. I usually go slightly smaller on dress shoes, because if they don't fit right you'll get blisters.

Then, go on eBay and buy yourself a nice pair of used Allen Edmonds. They're suuuuuuper comfy, look badass, and you can get them for less than half price. Most of these dudes wear them once or twice and then sell them, so a lot of them are in nice condition/not shaped to their feet yet!

Sometimes they may need a sole replacement, but it's worth replacing the soles on nice shoes.

Anywho, that's my two cents on the subject.

If any of you are into it, my buddy sent me this website when I started getting more into dressing more "like an adult." It really helped shape my ideas about what fashion is and how men should dress and it has tips on choosing shoes, shirts, pants, and how they should all fit.

Granted, I've always been more of a "classic man" fan,I like it when dudes dress like they did back in the 30's-50's.

http://putthison.com/