what shoes do YOU wear?

This company just came back after being on hiatus. I'll never buy another shoe again

es-accel-black-suede-spring-2009-1.jpg

Ohhhh man. The eS accel was the best shoe. Still relevant now even after the company called it quits for a few years. Most mid 2000's skaters owned this shoe. I had so many pairs.

What are those? I used to own a pair of Reefs that looked just like those.

The eS Accel. I'm gonna look up those Reefs I've never seen those.

Ohhhh man. The eS accel was the best shoe. Still relevant now even after the company called it quits for a few years. Most mid 2000's skaters owned this shoe. I had so many pairs.

I'm so glad they're back. Puffy skate shoes never go out of style, no matter what way the trend wind blows.

Those are dangerously close to the round toe abomination that etnies, dc, and every other skate brand puts out 9 times over.

No way! They're nothing like the Court Graffiks. Those are downright awful. In terms of construction, boardfeel, and style, the Accel is a masterpiece! The CG's are the laughingstock of the skate shoe industry, but the Accel is among the most respected!

This company just came back after being on hiatus. I'll never buy another shoe again

es-accel-black-suede-spring-2009-1.jpg

vs

88fcbd21-8dd1-4784-9b56-959671298c75dc_c

No way! They're nothing like the Court Graffiks. Those are downright awful. In terms of construction, boardfeel, and style, the Accel is a masterpiece! The CG's are the laughingstock of the skate shoe industry, but the Accel is among the most respected!

vs

88fcbd21-8dd1-4784-9b56-959671298c75dc_c

Fair enough. I guess I've just been away from my Journeys days longer than I realized

But I maintain my stance on those.

That style of shoe is good for one thing- identifying whether a girl is 15 or 16 years old.

Say what you want but I'd kill for the comfyness of a new pair of Globe Avert or CTIV.

I think the Averts had a rubber toe cap? That is just starting to come back now for the first time in a decade. And those Chet Thomas pro models were crazy, they were like moon boots. The good old days. 

I think the Averts had a rubber toe cap? That is just starting to come back now for the first time in a decade. And those Chet Thomas pro models were crazy, they were like moon boots. The good old days. 

p1040809.jpeg

The ones I had came in this colorway. Again, super super comfy compared to most nowadays sneakers.

Been rocking Sanuks all summer after the Birkenstocks I had a while ago wore out extremely fast.  I know you can get them resoled but still didn't seem to be worth it.  The Sanuks have been holding up well though and are extremely comfortable.  For shoes, I usually have a few pairs of some combination of Pumas, Nikes or Chuck All-Stars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a new job that requires me to wear steel toes. I haven't owned a pair of boots at all since I was like 12. It's just all vans everyday. There seems to be slim pickings around for women's safety boots and most of them are butt fucking ugly. I don't even really mind picking up a pair of men's but does anyone have any tips for finding vegan steel toe boots?