Aphex Twin - SYRO (too soon?)

Pretty much.  Anyone will chomp at the bit when it comes when there's a limited opportunity to be had... even if they don't plan on seizing it.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere wins the drawing and sells just their slot for a profit.

Inevitably, as anyone who thinks about it for 30 seconds will see, the lottery will be a complete cluster fuck. But I'm pretty sure they're anticipating that, and I'm pretty sure it all amuses the hell out of RH.

Pretty much.  Anyone will chomp at the bit when it comes when there's a limited opportunity to be had... even if they don't plan on seizing it.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere wins the drawing and sells just their slot for a profit.

According to the details that isn't possible (to sell their 'slot').

According to the details that isn't possible (to sell their 'slot').

I guess I didn't read the fine print, but what are they doing to prevent me (read: anyone) from winning the raffle and heading over to an Aphex fan-forum and posting "Hey dudes I won the raffle.  I can send you e-mail confirmation if you'd like.  First guy to message me gets the deluxe SYRO for $500 & shipping – that's only $100 more than retail.  Get on it."?  Just curious.  It seems like an approach that would be very tough to monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...