Aphex Twin - SYRO (too soon?)

I went and picked this up last night. I haven't had a chance to "spin" it but I can't wait. I'll probably listen to the mp3s at work. I've been really happy with the past few Warp presses I have bought. Really great quality.

• 2 weeks later...

not that crazy about it. might cancel my preorder honestly. kinda blah - a lot of it feels like remakes/re-edits of his previous work. i dunno need more time w/it.

I spent a couple weeks with the album before commenting, and this record is abysmal. I wasn't expecting anything crazy but this doesn't fit well next to the Aphex Twin discography. More Analord/The Tuss sounding. It doesn't have any of the composed genius I felt his last few albums had (probably not true, but I don't like any of the melodies on here). Oh well, this is why I shouldn't make blind purchases.

yeah, it's been a few weeks living with it now and I'm still kinda lukewarm on it. it's not unpleasant, but it's not the return to form I was expecting...

He said many times, this was simply a collection of previous work he needed to put out so he could move on. He's still lightyears ahead of his contemporaries, and I personally feel like "aisatsana [102]" is one of the prettiest things I've ever heard.

He said many times, this was simply a collection of previous work he needed to put out so he could move on. He's still lightyears ahead of his contemporaries, and I personally feel like "aisatsana [102]" is one of the prettiest things I've ever heard.

That's fine and dandy. Kevin Shields said the exact same thing, but the difference is mbv was brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...