Leaked - Neil Young Official Release Series - Volume 5-8

I didn't see any topics in concern to this, It looks like a distribution facility in Europe has leaked several of the Neil Young Official Release Series - Volume 5-8, troublesome being that it was to be limited to 3500, I wonder how many got out early.. 

Detailed photos of an un-boxing. 

http://imgur.com/a/397wq

Still available on Amazon.co.uk marketplace, inflated astronomically in price 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Release-Discs-5-8-Vinyl/dp/B00J3D364C/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1408388586&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=neil+young+offical

Jeez, those albums. Four perfect records, in my opinion. I hope I can find a way to pick this up.

Yeah, and they look great, I mean the covers are reproduced very nicely. It's extremely hard to find a nice copy of Tonight's the Night because the felt always gets destroyed, as far as sound quality it's supposedly very good, on par with 1-4. 

It's definitely authentic, i mean none of the bootleg productions I have seen are this detailed. However I do find it curious that on the front sticker they have misspelled "Times Fades Away" and that these are also not numbered as the 1-4 set was. Curious, I am wondering if a very small run was produced and leaked and those who get them will have non-numbered versions with an incorrect sticker.  

Perhaps it got delayed due to these issues. Seems small, but Neil is infamous for that. Didn't he buy an entire pressing of Comes A Time so he could burn it because it wasn't mastered correctly?

Kind of makes me want to get this. Don't want to order it second hand from Europe, though.

There's one on the US site for $304.00...so that's always an option...

Official release was "Delayed Until November..." 

I would assume to align with Black Friday RSD. If it is indeed limited to 3500 Worldwide it's going to be difficult to get one. 

....too pricey for me. works out to $360plus Canadian.

as much as I want this, i'll take my chances in November i think. 

and maybe i'll find the 2 originals i need before then......

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old thread! I just purchased the Official Release Series Box Vol. 2 on eBay, and when it arrived, I found that two of the three LPs have some serious glue issues (it's almost as if the sleeves were never glued together for TFA and TNN). Did some quick internet sleuthing, and it appears to be a common problem.

Has anyone else encountered this and has anyone successfully gotten replacements? It's crazy that my original pressing of TFA (which is scratched to shit, but still nice to have) has a more solid sleeve than this one I just paid $100+ for.

• 7 months later...