Ordered a copy of deja on ebay...

And that is what he is bitching about most, who cares what they sound like!

The whole package is important, I look at big record purchases like these as investments, I store them well and play them carefully. And I'm well aware of the whole deja bowl thing, honestly didn't understand why people made it out to be such a big deal (it's insane how long that thread is) People can do with their own records what they please I really couldn't care less.

But I definitely wouldn't call this "bitching" in fact beyond the first post I haven't really complained, only elaborated on what my plans are for refund etc

Couldn't get past mint and only played once.

Mint should only be for absolutely perfect copies. Once it exchanges hands, gets shipped a couple times, sits on a shelf for a decade it is no longer mint. I know most people that grade records will never give anything mint unless it's fresh from the plant. It also avoids issues with buyer that try to nitpick condition.

Couldn't get past mint and only played once.

Mint should only be for absolutely perfect copies. Once it exchanges hands, gets shipped a couple times, sits on a shelf for a decade it is no longer mint. I know most people that grade records will never give anything mint unless it's fresh from the plant. It also avoids issues with buyer that try to nitpick condition.

Wouldn't call this nitpicking, if you would have read past the first sentence or looked at the pics provided that would have been obvious. Clearly a lot of people on ebay will call something mint just to fluff up their listings, but that is beyond the issue in this case

Wouldn't call this nitpicking, if you would have read past the first sentence or looked at the pics provided that would have been obvious. Clearly a lot of people on ebay will call something mint just to fluff up their listings, but that is beyond the issue in this case

He wasn't saying anything against you, he was just saying that this dude shouldn't have listed it as mint to help protect himself from any buyer who may nitpick over that grading.

I'm normally a huge advocate of not complaining about corner bends and shit from shipping, but this is a $400 record... if I had to ship a $400 record I would ship it wrapped up so the package could dent a tank. This is stupidity at its finest from the seller.

I am, however, a huge advocate of not paying that much for a fucking record. This whole post is basically pointless haha.

The whole package is important, I look at big record purchases like these as investments, I store them well and play them carefully. And I'm well aware of the whole deja bowl thing, honestly didn't understand why people made it out to be such a big deal (it's insane how long that thread is) People can do with their own records what they please I really couldn't care less.

But I definitely wouldn't call this "bitching" in fact beyond the first post I haven't really complained, only elaborated on what my plans are for refund etc

Please don't look at records like investments lol. The $400 you have tied up in a copy of deja is gone as soon as they decide to repress it or the vinyl fad loses steam on tumblr etc. It has virtually no instrinsic value, it's 2 hunks of plastic and some cardstock.

Speaking of which, I found a copy of La Dispute "Hear, He're" in the dollar bin the other day. I can't for the life of me figure out why...

Record store probably bought it from someone used for .10.  I grabbed my copy of the Ugly Organ for 4 bucks in the discount bin a while back. If the store doesn't specialize in certain things they'll often give low prices and sell at low prices.

I definitely wouldn't have known that la dispute record was worth anything.

I'm normally a huge advocate of not complaining about corner bends and shit from shipping, but this is a $400 record... if I had to ship a $400 record I would ship it wrapped up so the package could dent a tank. This is stupidity at its finest from the seller.

I am, however, a huge advocate of not paying that much for a fucking record. This whole post is basically pointless haha.

The most I've ever spent was $160 and the seller packaged the hell out of it. It was packed into 3 different layers of boxes and the outside box was freakin huge. It was insane trying to open it but I was very happy with the effort they put into it

The most I've ever spent was $160 and the seller packaged the hell out of it. It was packed into 3 different layers of boxes and the outside box was freakin huge. It was insane trying to open it but I was very happy with the effort they put into it

Yea that's how I feel when I sell a record for $100+ if I package it up and give it a shake and still hear a rattle, I open that beast up and add another layer of bubble wrap or cardboard until it's solid

I just sold a high priced record the other. I wrapped that guy in bubble and put him in a mailer. Then a got a bigger box and put an empty taped mailer in the bottom, placed mailer with said record in on top all taped up, and then placed another taped empty mailer on top. Then taped the hell out of the big box. This thing was essentially a mailer sandwich and had zero shifting or noise. Not taking any chances and added insurance.

That record was the world to me and I want to insure (no pun intended) that it gets to it's new home in the condition I kept it in. I don't understand why other people don't do the same. I guess some people sell records for money without a real love for it, and some do. All you can do it hope, or send them a message before they ship your item.

Man. That's a shame. You always hope that if and when you buy a record from a seller on eBay, that they actually know what they're doing and how to properly package and mail them out. I usually ask ahead of time before even bidding, how they pack and ship stuff out. Especially if it's a record that I really, really, really want and haven't been able to find anywhere else.

Lucky that it didn't arrive any more fucked up.

Should've bought one from me though. I got plenty to go around.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000001824-1.j

;)

Which one sounds best?

I've seen this dejaentandu thing keep coming up on this bored so I finally looked it up....Was completely clueless about this band and any albums of there.

What is the appeal of this mall music crap? And how on earth is it so expensive for this album?

My theory: when this thing came out everyone who wants to buy it now was 13 years old, so it is middle school nostalgia music.

Damn I'm old but this stuff befuddled me