Ferguson, and other issues

I'm confused.. What's going on tonight?

The idea is to get #stoptheparade trending on twitter, the walk the route of the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, thus stopping or delaying it forcing people to talk about what happened instead of it getting overshadowed by the holidays. Hrere's something I wrote this morning about it:

"Because it’s the only way to get people to keep talking about Ferguson, the holidays are gonna come in and everybody’s gonna stop giving a shit. I guarantee it. I don’t want that to happen I don't want people to forget, we need to get people to keep going while they still care and still are willing to go out and work for a change. This is also to keep the media to keep talking about the death of mike brown. Black Friday and thanksgiving can wait until this child gets justice, they happen every year and so does that parade also the parade is aired nationwide and it will bring this situation into the homes of millions. We could wait until next years Mike Brown or we could do this right now."

Still formulating an opinion but initial thought is that I can't blame the guy for pulling the trigger immediately when that close to what he thinks is a real gun.

Definitely some really, really dumb decision making by the driver (or maybe both) to get them to that point, though.

The idea is to get #stoptheparade trending on twitter, the walk the route of the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, thus stopping or delaying it forcing people to talk about what happened instead of it getting overshadowed by the holidays. Hrere's something I wrote this morning about it:

"Because it’s the only way to get people to keep talking about Ferguson, the holidays are gonna come in and everybody’s gonna stop giving a shit. I guarantee it. I don’t want that to happen I don't want people to forget, we need to get people to keep going while they still care and still are willing to go out and work for a change. This is also to keep the media to keep talking about the death of mike brown. Black Friday and thanksgiving can wait until this child gets justice, they happen every year and so does that parade also the parade is aired nationwide and it will bring this situation into the homes of millions. We could wait until next years Mike Brown or we could do this right now."

Why would you advocate screwing with an event who's main purpose is to entertain children and families? It is NOT the only way to keep people talking about Ferguson.

Yeah.. But what's happening *tonight*?

Personally, I support #stoptheparade on a deeper level. It's at the point where it's an extravagant event hosted by billion dollar corporations, many of whom are keeping their stores open on the holiday itself. Maybe it's time their traditions get fucked up a bit.

Should the movement actually interfere with the parade, it will create a stronger presence for the masses that have been peacefully protesting across the country.

I don't believe that the holiday will make people stop talking. The one thing I'll be thankful for tomorrow? Not having to have the discussion with my family since I won't be seeing any of them. Ok, not thankful for that second part. At all. But this is going to be a huge talking point at every single gathering tomorrow. No one's going to forget about it. And the ones who do, well their voices don't matter.

Yeah.. But what's happening *tonight*?

Tonight, march the route and tell others, keep marching until the morning or you are stopped here's the map:

tumblr_nfo06kuklL1r37zvjo1_1280.jpg

Sadly I won't be in NYC till next year so I cannot directly help but I put this together and I have faith this will work. If you could march, shout and carry a sign and bring this others attention as you do it that would be great.

the cop shot the kid within SECONDS of arriving on scene.  WHAT. THE. FUCK.

hey man im not bagging on your opinion, but im super curious, how would you personally have handled the situation of a kid waving around the gun in public, in the streets? (i swear to you this is not a challenge, im genuinely interested)

hey man im not bagging on your opinion, but im super curious, how would you personally have handled the situation of a kid waving around the gun in public, in the streets? (i swear to you this is not a challenge, im genuinely interested)

Oh look at that, a white man, allegedly drunk, waves around a real rifle while taunting cops was convinced to hand over his gun and was not shot: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/joseph-houseman-open-carry_n_5501883.html

That seems logical ^

But is that in the police handbook of how to handle a situation of someone waving around pointing a "gun" in public?

Again seriously I'm not pro-police, but who's to say residents didn't call in the police saying some kid on the street has a gun pointed at people and he's a threat? Would you handle it the same if the kid were truly holding a real gun with the intent to kill? Because honestly, I could just see the person booking off and running... Again I'm trying ot make this clear I'm not arguing against your ideas... merely just discussing (I know how crazy it can get when things are posted, it's more fluid and less concrete in person to person vocal conversation so we can back track on our ideas and such)

I guess my point of askign all this is, is it all really this easy, to sit back and say WE, know how it SHOULD have been handled, yet were not in that line of work?