Ferguson, and other issues

Oh look at that, a white man, allegedly drunk, waves around a real rifle while taunting cops was convinced to hand over his gun and was not shot: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/joseph-houseman-open-carry_n_5501883.html

Not once did I see him "wave" around his rifle or point it at anyone, but I see your point, if it were a black man, he most likely would've been shot, is that what you're getting at?

That seems logical ^

But is that in the police handbook of how to handle a situation of someone waving around pointing a "gun" in public?

Again seriously I'm not pro-police, but who's to say residents didn't call in the police saying some kid on the street has a gun pointed at people and he's a threat? Would you handle it the same if the kid were truly holding a real gun with the intent to kill? Because honestly, I could just see the person booking off and running... Again I'm trying ot make this clear I'm not arguing against your ideas... merely just discussing (I know how crazy it can get when things are posted, it's more fluid and less concrete in person to person vocal conversation so we can back track on our ideas and such)

I guess my point of askign all this is, is it all really this easy, to sit back and say WE, know how it SHOULD have been handled, yet were not in that line of work?

the police were alerted to a boy with a gun. not to a situation where shots were fired. that's a huge difference.

i'm also going to go ahead and guess that the first line in the police handbook isn't DON'T JUST GO AROUND KILLING PEOPLE, and probably shouldn't be taken into consideration until there have been a few revisions

That seems logical ^

But is that in the police handbook of how to handle a situation of someone waving around pointing a "gun" in public?

Again seriously I'm not pro-police, but who's to say residents didn't call in the police saying some kid on the street has a gun pointed at people and he's a threat? Would you handle it the same if the kid were truly holding a real gun with the intent to kill? Because honestly, I could just see the person booking off and running... Again I'm trying ot make this clear I'm not arguing against your ideas... merely just discussing (I know how crazy it can get when things are posted, it's more fluid and less concrete in person to person vocal conversation so we can back track on our ideas and such)

I guess my point of askign all this is, is it all really this easy, to sit back and say WE, know how it SHOULD have been handled, yet were not in that line of work?

I mentioned before, but didnt want to bring it up, but yes I did spend 5+ years in that line of work. Handbooks are different. Instructors are different. This was a rookie cop. That's why I mentioned earlier to Eric about this situation. Kids remove the orange from fake guns. This situation was way beyond fucked up tho. They did everything wrong.

Tonight, march the route and tell others, keep marching until the morning or you are stopped here's the map:

tumblr_nfo06kuklL1r37zvjo1_1280.jpg

Sadly I won't be in NYC till next year so I cannot directly help but I put this together and I have faith this will work. If you could march, shout and carry a sign and bring this others attention as you do it that would be great.

This hurts my head.

The cops who shot that kid are fucking idiots (well, they're cops), but in fairness I can't see that situation playing out any differently. The fault is actually on the dispatcher who ignored the 911 caller repeatedly telling him he was sure the gun was fake. 

If the dispatcher would have told the responding cops that he was reasonably sure the gun was a toy, they wouldn't have shot him in the head from ten feet away. Probably would have shot him anyway, but maybe it wouldn't have been so brutal.

P.S. Thanks to whoever downvoted my last post. The truth is hard to swallow, isn't it?

C'mon the tag is trending it's been moved to 12 becuase of the snow join and share, you could be part of history and change the world:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1580411522179692/1580449898842521/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Honestly, it really just sounds like you're using your "activism" to raise awareness about your own tag and your own social media presence. That may not be your true intention, but that's the way it seems to me. Idk

Honestly, it really just sounds like you're using your "activism" to raise awareness about your own tag and your own social media presence. That may not be your true intention, but that's the way it seems to me. Idk

Trust me there's people going out tomorrow and everything why would I advertise a fucking facebook group if there was no real event linked to it? Why would I be pushing this so hard if I didn't think it would change anything? For some fucking personal fame? No fuck that I got enough followers, I want some fucking change.

Trust me there's people going out tomorrow and everything why would I advertise a fucking facebook group if there was no real event linked to it? Why would I be pushing this so hard if I didn't think it would change anything? For some fucking personal fame? No fuck that I got enough followers, I want some fucking change.

Then fucking go to it.