Ferguson, and other issues

A late comment and a I guess levity on this whole thing...not only was I harkening back to remembering seeing the 1992 L.A. riots unfold after the Rodney King trial verdicts but also kept going back to Dr. Dre's 'The Chronic' and specifically the track "The Day The Niggaz Took Over". 

Crazy at times how some music and news from the past just repeats itself. As it's said, history repeats itself. 

I saw a friend post this earlier this evening, and watched the entire thing. It's a pretty substantial clip (13 minutes), but he makes some very interesting and compelling points and observations.

Regardless of your stance on the issue, I think like 95% of us can agree that there definitely should have been an indictment and trial.

this thread has disgusted me and I've lost a lot of respect for many posters here.

this times ten.  

A late comment and a I guess levity on this whole thing...not only was I harkening back to remembering seeing the 1992 L.A. riots unfold after the Rodney King trial verdicts but also kept going back to Dr. Dre's 'The Chronic' and specifically the track "The Day The Niggaz Took Over". 

Crazy at times how some music and news from the past just repeats itself. As it's said, history repeats itself. 

I remember that, and reminds me also that those cops were not indicted by the state, which caused the riots, and I had to look this up to get it right, but they were indicted by the federal govt for violation of civil rights a year later, where 2 were sent to prison.  So again, this ferguson issue is not over.  

Saw this article on my facebook feed so I was wondering on what you guys think... Unarmed 18 year old (white) student Gil Collar was shot and killed by a black cop, Officer Trevis Austin. As I read on what drove Officer Austin to shoot Gil makes me confused on why such force was used. I see he was under the influence of LSD and being erratic which would alarm me if I was the officer but I don't believe I would've shot the kid. 

I'm not trying to start anything here other than a discussion on what you guys think but with the racial roles reversed and how you all feel about this.

Article: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/27/white-teen-gilbert-collar-killed-by-black-cop-trev/

(I understand the case is 2 years old but it is still pretty recent and relevant to the topic of race and excessive force by police)