Ferguson, and other issues

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Philando Castille shot by a cop with his girlfriend and her kid in the car during a routine traffic stop. His girlfriend live streamed the aftermath on Facebook (pretty brutal, there's blood):

Gonna be hard to construct a thug narrative out of this one. Dude had no record, not in a bad part of town, complied with the officer, and his fucking family was in the car. This happened about a mile from my house and it is truly heartbreaking.

Plus the shooting of Alton Sterling, all in less than 24 hours.

This is fucking terrible. I mean Its 2016 and people are still getting killed based on the color of their skin. Yet somehow despite living in an era where people video everything, people are still able to escape justice. This man could have donated $1 million to charity everyday of his life and people will still find a way to defend the officer's actions. I guarantee the officer won't spend a night as a convicted felon, but I really hope I'm wrong. Bernie Sanders amongst many others hit it on the head:

Your constitutional rights don’t depend on your race, gender, religion, sexuality or income. I can’t believe we still need to say that.

Edited by GradedOnACurve