PO: Vasudeva - Life in Cycles CS / Tides of Man - Y&C CS - Flesh and Bone Records

I may get in trouble for this, and I'm sorry if this is a bad post.  I posted about these in the respective vinyl pre-order topics, but I've made separate threads for the other Flesh and Bone releases, and just wanted these ones represented with their own outlet if possible, since not everyone clicks those threads.

FBR011 and FBR012 are Vasudeva - Life in Cycles and Tides of Man - Young & Courageous just in time for their European tour together, starting later this week.

Vasudeva details:

/ 50 transparent navy/white/black tapes

j-card fold-out full color insert in clear case

4 triangle logo transparencies

digital download card

flesh and bone records sticker

Vasudeva will have 25 on the European tour, I have the other 25.  Will ship at the end of August.  If you've already ordered from me, this can be combined shipping as we wait for the other releases.  Just email [email protected] first.

Order here.

Listen here.

PRE_20ORDER_201_original.jpg

Tides of Man - Young and Courageous details:

/100 navy/slate swirl cassettes

fold out full color j-card insert in clear case

8 page studio photo book from the making of the album

digital download card

flesh and bone records sticker

Tides of Man will have 50 on the European tour, I have the other 50.  Will ship at the end of August.  If you've already ordered from me, this can be combined shipping as we wait for the other releases.  Just email [email protected] first.

Order here.

Listen here.

PRE_20ORDER_201_original.jpg

And here are the finished products.  Looking sharp!

10498267_1472733319649005_78167475347388

10610816_1473944286194575_69371450097927

I have to say, Brian, while I don't collect cassettes, all these amazing albums you're releasing (and not to mention the sweet color configurations you're releasing them on) make me want to start. Might have to pick up a shirt to throw some support your way. Amazing job!

I really appreciate the kind words!  Cassettes are a new thing for myself as well, it's been fun.  I'm obviously a huge vinyl collector, and hope to release records down the line, but I have found personally that collecting cassettes has started to become just as fulfilling, and a lot easier on my wallet, haha.

Either way, I sincerely do appreciate the kind words, they mean far more than you even realize!

got my order in last night for these two :) 

they look great and can't wait to play in the Walkman!

I've owned JVC and TEAC 1980's back in the day, and the TEAC gave up the ghost a few years ago due to child usage. Need to find a good tape deck at the thrift store some time now I'm up to about 10 or 12 cassettes.

In college, instead of bringing my guitar amp, I would play through my receiver (guitar cable into female: split male (from Radio Shack of course, still have it) into LR channels), put in a cassette, push Tape, hit pause/record like I was going to record myself, and then discovered dialing up the recording level was like a gain or something. It was wild. The DiMarzio SDHP's sounded the best through this jury-rigged setup than any amp I ever owned ;)  End of grandpa story haha

got my order in last night for these two :)

they look great and can't wait to play in the Walkman!

I've owned JVC and TEAC 1980's back in the day, and the TEAC gave up the ghost a few years ago due to child usage. Need to find a good tape deck at the thrift store some time now I'm up to about 10 or 12 cassettes.

In college, instead of bringing my guitar amp, I would play through my receiver (guitar cable into female: split male (from Radio Shack of course, still have it) into LR channels), put in a cassette, push Tape, hit pause/record like I was going to record myself, and then discovered dialing up the recording level was like a gain or something. It was wild. The DiMarzio SDHP's sounded the best through this jury-rigged setup than any amp I ever owned ;)  End of grandpa story haha

got your order - thanks so much man! :)

and that is an incredible story hahaha

got your order - thanks so much man! :)

and that is an incredible story hahaha

If you have a vintage tape deck, try it some time for kicks. It was the JVC that really brought out those humbuckers. Oh, and my speakers were 2-way Cerwin Vega floor models, about 40 lbs each. Didn't need the mids. My Dad uses them in his study.

I really need to start looking at the thrift stores, but I keep wasting time on the computer here haha

• 1 month later...

From the mouth of production 13 days ago, I was told they would be shipping in 2 weeks.  Checked back in today and haven't heard any confirmation, but if this is true, they should be shipping to me, with the rest of the Flesh and Bone releases in a day or two, and then as soon as they are in my hands, immediately out to everyone that has been ordering them!

Not many left of Vasudeva for those who haven't ordered!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't been paying attention to the boards lately, sorry!  Tides of Man and Vasudeva showed up just the other day!  Looking and sounding great.  Two big batches of tapes have already gone out, the last of them go out tomorrow, and any pre-orders for those will have been taken care of. 

The curse of production delays on these releases has given me gray hair.  Everything has arrived now except for ADJY, Bradley Hathaway, and Wish List. 

• 2 weeks later...