Run the Jewels - RTJ2, on Mass Appeal records (out oct 28th)

http://massappeal.com/run-the-jewels-sign-to-mass-appeal-records-drop-first-single-from-rtj2/

After releasing a snippet of the track last month, Run The Jewels has returned with the full version of “Blockbuster Night Part 1″ and a surprise announcement: Run The Jewels has officially signed to Mass Appeal Records! While the news doesn’t come as a surprise to us, we’re still extremely excited about the guys joining the record label’s expanding roster. Killer Mike and El-P have also announced that they’ll be releasing the highly anticipated follow-up to their critically acclaimed LP Run The Jewels on October 28.RTJ2 will be released in a variety of formats, including CD, LP, digital. guys recently stopped by the office to give us a preview of RTJ2, and damn is it good!

“We are very excited to bring you the next chapter of Run The Jewels via the good folks at Mass Appeal”  El-P

“We can make no promises about the safety of any animals involved in the creation of this record. It is the best rap group album since RTJ1!”  Killer Mike

Listen to “Blockbuster Night Part 1″ below, and follow Mass Appeal Records on Twitter to stay up-to-date on what the label is up to.

new track here

https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/rtj-blockbuster-night-part-1

I loved the first LP, but I never got around to ordering it. I'm never in the mood to listen to hip hop at home. I am really excited to hear this though.

Throw it into your car mix for a commute or just while driving around town. I feel like it works especially well.

Can't wait to hear their sophomore effort.

Need this badly. The first was one of the best hip-hop albums to come out in years. Actually got a Fool's Gold copy, and then had to buy the UK press for the extra Q-Bert track and remixes.

Saw them most recently at Outside Lands and they brought out Q-Bert to do a song. Even my non-hip-hop friends with me could not deny how awesome they were. 

I still kick myself for not getting the Fool's Gold first press.

Not going to lie, just bought a copy of RTJ the other day for $17 at one of my local stores. Definitely go diving in any local indie record stores cause odds are they have really nice rap records that no one's buying.