Run the Jewels - RTJ2, on Mass Appeal records (out oct 28th)

17 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

Thanks. Looks like they've already sold more than half of them already. 1200 left right now.

Also, do they announce their exclusive's in advance on the mailing list? Or do you just have to get lucky when they drop them? I really don't want to miss their Sault exclusive when it comes out.

Edited by fish

36 minutes ago, fish said:

Also, do they announce their exclusive's in advance on the mailing list? Or do you just have to get lucky when they drop them? I really don't want to miss their Sault exclusive when it comes out.

Sault exclusive?? Exclusives?? Where?

Also, this one has been up on the website since January. I sent them an email in February asking when it was going to drop because I was tired of checking everyday for three weeks. Lately, they’ve been putting stuff up ahead of time and you can sign up to be notified when it actually goes on sale. With some exclusives, and what they had been doing before, they just drop and you have to be on the ball. But if you’re on their email list, and set notifications for TTL emails, shouldn’t be a problem. If it’s a big enough pressing it’ll last an hour or so. 

Edited by MyEnemy

8 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

It was. They are just huge now

really? I know some gold 3s popped up last summer, but it wasn't very widespread. But this is the first time 2 has been pressed since 4 because I've been looking for it. 1 got a small UK splatter pressing last fall.  

1 minute ago, timsimmons said:

really? I know some gold 3s popped up last summer, but it wasn't very widespread. But this is the first time 2 has been pressed since 4 because I've been looking for it. 1 got a small UK splatter pressing last fall.  

Gold was a full on repress it just sold like hotcakes. I think RTJ2 sold out a lil after and is just delayed cuz shit takes so long to press now. They are always in the process of repressing them this is just the first time they keep running out visibly due to demand. MM.. FOOD is the same way right now from the same label. You'd never know it was repressed three or four or five times in the last two years

25 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Sault exclusive?? Exclusives?? Where?

There was a list of upcoming  TTL exclusives I saw over on reddit last week. No dates or specifics for Sault. I'm guessing maybe it will be Untitled-Black Is only because that one already has a Mr Bongo and 2 different Rough Trade exclusives.

I don't understand why a group this popular is letting their stuff go out of print. I never got around to getting 3 and now it's regularly selling for around 50-60 bucks. I didn't even know RTJ2 was out of print.

Edit: I'm also now realizing I own the pink pressing of RTJ2 and I forgot that I did, so now I feel like an asshole owning 2 sought after pressing of this album because I totally bought the TTL exclusive.

Edited by Reshiram

28 minutes ago, fish said:

There was a list of upcoming  TTL exclusives I saw over on reddit last week. No dates or specifics for Sault. I'm guessing maybe it will be Untitled-Black Is only because that one already has a Mr Bongo and 2 different Rough Trade exclusives.

Sick, I’ll definitely be on the look out. Have all four and bummed I missed out on the other color pressings, but I’m in for anything this band does.

Still need to pick up the Cleo Sol record, but that shit is not cheap!

13 minutes ago, Reshiram said:

I don't understand why a group this popular is letting their stuff go out of print. I never got around to getting 3 and now it's regularly selling for around 50-60 bucks. I didn't even know RTJ2 was out of print.

Edit: I'm also now realizing I own the pink pressing of RTJ2 and I forgot that I did, so now I feel like an asshole owning 2 sought after pressing of this album because I totally bought the TTL exclusive.

Nah. Forgetting you own records and re-buying them shows you have big energy for the game. legend.

52 minutes ago, Reshiram said:

1 hour ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

They are always in the process of repressing them this is just the first time they keep running out visibly due to demand. MM.. FOOD is the same way right now from the same label. You'd never know it was repressed three or four or five times in the last two years

There. Are. Pressing. Plants. With. Year. Long. Wait. Times.

Plus, do you see how many people own RTJ3 on discogs? This group just has FOMO connected to any piece of vinyl they put out now it's wild. They pressed who knows how many copies for that repress last year and it's back up to $60+ already.

Screenshot-20210415-144040-Chrome.jpg

25 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

There. Are. Pressing. Plants. With. Year. Long. Wait. Times.

Plus, do you see how many people own RTJ3 on discogs? This group just has FOMO connected to any piece of vinyl they put out now it's wild. They pressed who knows how many copies for that repress last year and it's back up to $60+ already.

Screenshot-20210415-144040-Chrome.jpg

Bro I don't care about FOMO, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, Reshiram said:

want to part with one of them for a reasonable price? 🙂

I missed the TTL copy and have been holding my breath for one to go under $40 on discogs....