Run the Jewels - RTJ2, on Mass Appeal records (out oct 28th)

I am thoroughly excited for this album, and opted to stay awake for this PO (even though I knew it wouldn't sell out by any means).  But those prices are a huge joke.  I'm not sure whether I want to laugh or just be disappointed.  Even if shipping was free, $29 PPD for a single LP is highway robbery.  Huge nope on my end; hopefully a cheaper option presents itself somewhere down the road.

To be fair, it is a 2XLP but even then shipping is beyond ridiculous.

Gonna wait till it hits my local store

http://www.daylightcurfew.com/collections/run-the-jewels-2

lol I'd love for the Gordon Ramsay package to be a real thing.

I didnt see these until just now. Fucking hilarious

*all of run the jewels obligations to you are null and void the second you start freestyling. Money is non refundable.  Crying will get you nowhere.

What a fuckin joke. $28 UPS shipping to Canada, which they also charge me tax on. Mother fucker, I live in fuckin Canada. I don't pay American taxes. Not to mention I then pay duty on the shipment due to UPS being fuckin twats. I'll wait till this is on amazon since the 2LP doesn't seem to be limited or fuck all.

I'm in agreement with everyone that the single shipping option is far too high, and while this may not justify the cost the fact they're giving the album away for free might start to explain the exorbitant prices. I personally would prefer they reward the fans that are interested in paying for the album in the first place, but it's also a business and we as consumers have a choice to buy or not to. I chose to drink the Kool-Aid and pick up the 4xLP edition.

follow up to my email to them..

"Hi Kristan

The package is 4 pound and 4 records.  We use UPS ground to ensure the package is well taken care of and not lost in the process.  As we’ve had nightmares with media mail in the past. 

We’ll hook you up with a 10% off coupon, valid for 12 hours: 
thanks
J"

I mean.  I am definitely not one to bitch about pricing..  however.  let's just say that the costs already are a bit high and us buying a "deluxe vinyl package" for 65.00 is enough price hike to make sure that Mike and El P see some returns from this purchase.. 

I think not offering a media mail option is just stopping them from getting paid..

you know?

I actually bought one.  I don't mind but I know that they're not going to get more money cause so many people on this board don't want to pay that shipping.  and let's be clear.  this is shipping costs.  so..  if they send it at priority or whatever they're using that costs 20.00 no one is making any money from the expensive shipping

follow up to my email to them..

"Hi Kristan

The package is 4 pound and 4 records.  We use UPS ground to ensure the package is well taken care of and not lost in the process.  As we’ve had nightmares with media mail in the past. 

We’ll hook you up with a 10% off coupon, valid for 12 hours: 
thanks
J"

I definitely agree no one benefits from the high shipping costs save for the company shipping the product. That's pretty cool they sent you a 10% off coupon.

As for them not getting paid because the shipping will turn prospective buyers away, you make a good point as some here have already demonstrated. I personally did not want to miss out on the album like I did with the original press for their first release on Fool's Gold. The pros outweighed the cons in this instance, for me.