Run the Jewels - RTJ2, on Mass Appeal records (out oct 28th)

El-P just addressed the shipping on Facebook:

FOR THOSE WONDERING ABOUT SHIPPING COSTS:
we know its rough. basically all the vinyl is heavy as fuck and most packages come with t shirts etc so it goes up according to weight. we try to work around it but are shackled to the service we get. if you can't afford it that way i suggest buying it at a show. anyway thanks for your support no matter what your choice.

ps: I'm posting this to let you know we are trying to make it as cheap as possible. but please know i won't be able to individually answer questions for you as I'm not actually the one who knows anything or does that. if you wanna vent cause thats fun, cool. but bear in mind you can get it for free too and thats pretty fuckin cool.

love, el

from the web store:

We do our best to accommodate you with best shipping prices available. Each price is calculated based on the weight of your package and where your are located.

For those of you who are overseas and ordering Run The Jewels 2, you will receive a 10% off coupon on the day of release as a thank you for your support.

Many bundles that contain products like 4xLP tend to be around 5lbs, this becomes increasingly more expensive to ship based on USPS and UPS rates.

Please note that larger packages (typically preorder bundles) tend to have heavier and/or awkward-sized packaging. The United States Postal Service charges various rates, often higher, due to odd or large package dimensions.

To our fans overseas: USPS also charges a premium for International shipping and we do our best to keep international shipping rates down to the lowest possible. Typically, international pricing averages approximately $11/pound.

If you are curious as to how much it would be to ship to your location, the best way to calculate this is to add products to your cart and follow the checkout steps where you will enter your shipping address. Our system will then show you possible shipping quotes.

https://www.facebook.com/THEREALELP/posts/748726141830253

I definitely agree no one benefits from the high shipping costs save for the company shipping the product. That's pretty cool they sent you a 10% off coupon.

As for them not getting paid because the shipping will turn prospective buyers away, you make a good point as some here have already demonstrated. I personally did not want to miss out on the album like I did with the original press for their first release on Fool's Gold. The pros outweighed the cons in this instance, for me.

no I totally agree.  

I bought it but then groaned about the shipping.

ha

cool they're offering discounts to everyone now.

maybe they'll apply it to what I already bought.

http://www.fatbeats.com/collections/pre-order/products/run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels-2-2xlp-collectors-edition

28.99 + $4 media mail shipping for the 2xLP - 180G Teal Vinyl + Poster + Sticker Sheet

Good on you for that link. Will upvote when I can. $33 for a double LP is about where I draw the line – it's between that or Amazon. Is there a standard black version or is the teal the common variant? I like it.

Good on you for that link. Will upvote when I can. $33 for a double LP is about where I draw the line – it's between that or Amazon. Is there a standard black version or is the teal the common variant? I like it.

Yea I'm wondering the same thing. I'll probably go ahead and pay the extra $3 if I'm guaranteed the teal and the poster.

Wondering as well. Anyone buy from fatbeats before? are they alright? Or just wait for tour or record store...hmm

They are legit. They are an independent label. They put out alot of solid stuff and I buy from them all the time. Also check out Mello Music Group and Stones Throw.