SHIPPING NOW: Arms and Sleepers - Swim Team

Boston duo Arms And Sleepers' fifth LP will be released on 10/28 through Fake Chapter Records. Vinyl pre-order is now available. First 100 orders will be on colored vinyl (color not specified), while the rest will presumably be on standard black.

A new single was released today which is a lot brighter and more upbeat than their typical ambient, trip-hop sound, but I can tell you that the album as a whole will completely appeal to fans of their entire catalog. Album art is pretty, too.

Pre-order here via Big Cartel. If you pre-order before Sept. 20 you'll receive two bonus tracks in your download.

Stream the title track here.

LP_cover.png

They said it's inspired by J Dilla and Miami Vice haha. But I got an advance and have been listening all day. Definitely has more of a '90s instrumental hip-hop vibe throughout for sure. Lots of vocal samples. It's so chill, though. "Swim Team" is definitely the poppiest track. The rest is pretty chill and down-tempo like their older stuff, just more beat heavy I guess. 

Basically, if you like their old stuff, you should still like this album. It's just a tad different. It's so damn good overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...