So I stopped by Sub Pop at the SeaTac Airport today......

So I was coming back to Seattle today after seeing Nine Inch Nails / Soundgarden in San Francisco and I finally had the chance to stop by Sub Pop's new store that is located in the SeaTac airport. This place was AWESOME. Loads of Loser edition vinyl as well as a few RSD stuff. I asked one of the employees if they knew anything about their store being included in Record Store Day and she said that if its getting released by Sub Pop, they will most likely receive one box of each title but thats it.

If you ever fly into Seattle, you need to swing by Terminal C and take a look at their stuff. Sadly, you cannot just walk into SeaTac and head right to their store since its located inside the terminal and you need a plane ticket to get in frown.png Here are some photos I took today as well as a video I found on YouTube. 

(side note, they had two albums signed by The Head & The Heart at what looked like a listening station but they were not for sale. I ended up picking up a Sub Pop slipmat and its REALLY high quality) 

(EDIT: If you click on the photos of the records you should be taken to my Photobucket where you can then zoom in closer to see each title)

04AC1BAB-E84F-472C-88E3-D017358357B2_zps

3DD8C6B1-FA10-4AB9-9526-D4516E02D79E_zps

4E210999-C526-4EFF-9C02-DE2880E420BC_zps

405ACC12-DD05-440C-AB4A-5305F1889261_zps

EC944556-B661-4191-B5D0-A2EF6810A974_zps

Weird considering you're on the same coast.  Well, if you're ever stuck here for a night, let me know!

Ahhh, yes. I just mean trips that have layovers there. I could be coming from NYC that day to SFO and then flying north after with a layover. It is a complicated system. I layover in LA a LOT.

But yes, I will definitely let you know! 

Did you get that Third Man slipmat there?

Nope, I picked that up at the Jack White show in SF on Saturday. The Sub Pop mat is higher quality so I figured I would pick it up and save the JW mat as a backup. :)

so, do they have Airport prices on everything or Sub Pop prices on everything (by SP prices I mean, they are often pretty good at keeping their prices lower than most other big indie and major labels)... I imagine renting retail space in an airport isn't cheap...

Prices were pretty close to retail. The 2013 mix of In Utero was priced at $44.95 which is the same price I have seen at Silver Platters in Bellevue, WA. Then the 20th ann. of Superunknown was a flat $50 and the slip mat I picked up was $10.