The Album Leaf "Forward/Return" lim. ed. colored vinyl Pre-Order

Hi!  We (the Album Leaf) are self-releasing our self-recorded EP "Forward/Return" from 2012 on waxxx.  DIY or DIE!

We are pressing 1000 total.  500 on clear vinyl, 500 on transparent red.

We remastered, added an intro, and added some new interludes exclusive to the vinyl release. 

Test pressings were approved today, orders will start shipping in the middle of October.

PRE-ORDER here: http://the-album-leaf.myshopify.com/collections/vinyl/products/forward-return-12

10576921_10153276763786416_4135830714845

Sorry man! Are you overseas? As of now there are no plans for physical distro.

How do people ship records overseas without it costing a fortune?! Seems like USPS raises their prices every month.

Most places in the USA offer media mail which falls between 3-4 dollars. I'm not overseas but it pushed the price to a little higher than I can justify right now :(

$6.50 isn't too far off if you consider packing materials! That's 1,000 boxes and hopefully some bubble wrap or filler board...hopefully tracking as well and you're at $6.00 easy, especially if you live across the country from where its shipped, based on distance and weight...

Look I don't want to pay $6.50 either but if its a small few man operation it's not that far off! Considering larger labels charge more for media mail at times...

Most places in the USA offer media mail which falls between 3-4 dollars. I'm not overseas but it pushed the price to a little higher than I can justify right now :(

Ahh. Well, yeah media mail is like $4 and change, and we ship with about $2 and change worth of cardboard... So we came up with $6.50 for shipping. If that's too steep for ya we understand. Honestly we are still figuring out how to properly run our online store since we took it over ourselves a few months back. Trying to charge as close to actual costs for shipping and packaging as possible...

Anywho, we'll be toting the record around the states when we tour next year... Hopefully we'll come through your town!

Oh, hell yeah. I'll just grab one when I (inevitably) see you guys live.

I don't know if this is Jimmy behind the account or someone else but if it's Jimmy - I live in LA and I'm really good friends with Aaron M. and he saw you guys twice in the past few months and I tried to join him both times but had to work. Ugh. Soon, hopefully. 

Ahh. Well, yeah media mail is like $4 and change, and we ship with about $2 and change worth of cardboard... So we came up with $6.50 for shipping. If that's too steep for ya we understand. Honestly we are still figuring out how to properly run our online store since we took it over ourselves a few months back. Trying to charge as close to actual costs for shipping and packaging as possible...

Anywho, we'll be toting the record around the states when we tour next year... Hopefully we'll come through your town!

Media Mail is only $4+ if you're shipping multiple LPs at once (or one reallllly heavy LP). The cost of shipping single LPs for my label is between $2.83 and $3.02, and double LPs for $3.16. I charge $4 for shipping, but I should probably charge closer to $5, as the mailers I get cost $1.25 each. Anyway, the point is Media Mail doesn't cost what you're thinking it costs. You could lower your shipping by a dollar and not take a loss.

Love your band, btw. Into The Blue Again is my perma-jam.

Media Mail is only $4+ if you're shipping multiple LPs at once (or one reallllly heavy LP). The cost of shipping single LPs for my label is between $2.83 and $3.02, and double LPs for $3.16. I charge $4 for shipping, but I should probably charge closer to $5, as the mailers I get cost $1.25 each. Anyway, the point is Media Mail doesn't cost what you're thinking it costs. You could lower your shipping by a dollar and not take a loss.

Love your band, btw. Into The Blue Again is my perma-jam.

we add tracking ($0.23) and insurance ($0.80)... and probably too much cardboard that pushes it just over a pound...  and also costs us more than $1.25 in packaging...   maybe insurance is for wusses!?  

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted

Heard somewhere that "In A Safe Place" will be repressed by Sub-Pop some time.

PS - **If you know how to delete a user account for these boards, please PM me.  Thank you.**